Solved

BE AWARE OF CHARGEA FOR MSGS YOU NEVER SENT

• 28 January 2021
  • 10 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

I noticed today that I had been charged for a text msg I sent to +1(646)8497524. Having contacted customer services via chat, I was informed I had sent this text. I checked my phone and the number was there in my ‘unknown Senders’ filtered msgs. There was no  wording in the text. I then checked the sender number online. It appears to be from a ‘reverse Robo-caller’. Presumably this means someone calls you and you pay for a msg even if you don’t answer it. What is ID Mobile doing about this? I can’t set my cap to £0 so have set it to £1. I’ve also blocked the sender. Want others to be aware. Is an account hack??

icon

Best answer by Shej 2 February 2021, 14:58

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

10 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @Shej,

We’re sorry to hear about this situation. What happens when you try to set your cap at £0, does it show any error message?

Ryan

Userlevel 1
Badge

Yes it was because I’d Ben charged already for the said text message if supposedly sent. I will have to try next month again once my bill is paid. But that means it’s possible that the sender could repeat this anomaly as I’ve now got 70p left of the cap. 

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi Ryan

you have not answered my question from a week ago regarding robo-callers/texts. Does this mean I have to call customer services next week as I can’t find the number. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @Shej,

Apologies, it looks like you marked your answer as the Best Answer so we believed the issue to be resolved.

If you have a cap in place, this will prevent you from making out of plan spends for texts to these numbers.

The cap should prevent such charges being incurred in your instance.

Mohammed

(premium SMS subscriptions are the exception but this is not the case here).

Userlevel 1
Badge

Yes, I did this by mistake and couldn’t retract it. Thanks, Mohammed. I have now changed my out of plan charges to zero. However, is there something iD can do about stopping or preventing such callers/texters?

regards

sheila

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @Shej,

I’m not exactly sure how this charge was applied and couldn’t find anything about it online.

It’s the first time I’ve come across this myself.

We do have a spend cap option in place that allows you to cap your out of plan spend to prevent such charges from being incurred.

That said 

Userlevel 1
Badge

Yes, thanks Mohammed. I know Andy have reset the cap. Maybe it’s something the management team can look at. Really should be aware. 
Regards,

sheila

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Hi @Shej 

Is it the text you’ve been charged for that you’d like to raise?   Or something else?

If so we can send you a private message on here and take a further look if you’d like?

Userlevel 1
Badge

Yes it’s the issue with the charges for texts. A DM would be fine, because I would want others to be aware and also find out if iD can do something to prevent robot texts. Thanks 

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

HI @Shej 

We will send you a Private Message now regarding this. 

-Mohsin

Why iD Mobile?