Solved

Bill capping with unlimited minutes

• 10 December 2020
  • 11 replies

I have a plan for unlimited texts and minutes with 3GB data. I set a cap of £0 so I don't go over my data allowance, but when I try to make a call, I get a message saying I have reached my capped limit and have to increase it to be able to make calls. Why is this happening, as I have unlimited minutes? 

icon

Best answer by Michelle 5 March 2021, 14:17

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @Shuitson,

Which number are you trying to call?

Only calls to inclusive numbers are included in your plan.

So standard 07 numbers as well as 0800 or any number beginning with 01, 02 and 03.

If you’re calling a non-standard 07 number or an 084 or 087 number, then the calls carry a charge.

This would be why you’re receiving the message.

Mohammed

Userlevel 1

Hello @Shuitson,

Which number are you trying to call?

Only calls to inclusive numbers are included in your plan.

So standard 07 numbers as well as 0800 or any number beginning with 01, 02 and 03.

If you’re calling a non-standard 07 number or an 084 or 087 number, then the calls carry a charge.

This would be why you’re receiving the message.

Mohammed

most helpful

why was i changed from carphone warehouse to id,

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

Hello @Alfie2020 

I don’t quite understand your question, please could you provide a little more detail?

Regards,

Michelle

iD Mobile 

`1 was with carphone warehouse, I had an upgrade to A21. for some reason they changed me over to I.D mobile, i don,t know much about phones, But the phone and everything was changed, This new phone worked alright at first, but i don,t under stand what is going on with it now. i can,t make calls to my family not in the uk, Why is there a five pound cap on it, Can you change my contract, so i can have roaming and free calls,and texts plz,                   yours Shirley Band,

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @Alfie2020,

How long have you had the phone? Do you believe you have been missold?

Have you tried downloading the iD Mobile App to you can monitor your plan?

Will

I thought the question was simple enough. I too have had a new phone free text free unlimited call 500 data… only had it a few hours all data gone ( don’t know why) next bill £58 :sleepy:

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @MoaningMinny,

500MB data can be used up very quickly, it depends entirely on what you’re using it on also.

I’ve replied to your other post on the Community already.

Mohammed

Hi Mohammed

Thanks for the reply, I found out what the problem was, I had just received my new phone & finding my way around it. Transferring the data from my old phone was dead easy, I was sitting at home trying to find out how things work ( at 67 the grey matter doesn’t work so good) then a warning came up saying I’d used 80% of my data I was well you can imagine how I felt I’d only had the thing an hour. Anyway next thing I’d used 100% data what I didn’t realise it was loading games and my mobile data was on. My heart sank when I found out the cost best of it is I don’t play games on my phone…. it nearly came back to you, panic over but I’m still crying in my tea the thought of wasted data that I didn’t know about :cry:

Hi Mohammed,

I don’t suppose you could let me off with paying for my stupid mistake I didn’t download the games I stopped it before it went any further, I didn’t even know how it happened.

regards Christine 

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @MoaningMinny,

We’ll send you a PM so we can help set-up a spend cap for you to prevent this from re-ocurring.

Please check your messages.

Mohammed

Why iD Mobile?