Question

bill enquiry following return

• 4 March 2022
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1

Hello

I recently bought an idmobile SIM from carphone warehouse but cancelled it within half an hour as I changed my mind. I set up a direct debit but thought it would be cancelled. I have received notification of the direct debit. Do I have to pay anything even though I haven't used the network or even have the SIM as carphone warehouse kept it. Thanks

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 1

Hello

I recently bought an idmobile SIM from carphone warehouse but cancelled it within half an hour as I changed my mind. I set up a direct debit but thought it would be cancelled. I have received notification of the direct debit. Do I have to pay anything even though I haven't used the network or even have the SIM as carphone warehouse kept it. Thanks

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Hello

Hello @Ruthann,

This online community isn’t real-time, so it could be several days before somebody from iD Mobile reads your post.

It might be much quicker to PM iD Mobile via their facebook or twitter social media pages, or use their Live Chat service (type “talk to a person” once you get connected, to avoid the bot).

It’s best to contact iD Mobile between 9am - 6pm - that way you can PM or chat with a real person.

Personally, I’d leave the Direct Debit in-place for several months before cancelling it. Hard to see iD Mobile charging you, but iD are quick to pass outstanding payments due to their debt collection agency. Better to pay and then contest, than end-up with something bad on your credit reference file.

Anyway, good luck.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello

Hey @Ruthann,

If you purchased in Carphone Warehouse, it’d be connected when you completed the sale.

When you returned the purchase via Carphone Warehouse, it will have been disconnected within 24-hours.

There would have been 1 days worth of line rental maximum since this was connected and returned the same day.

If you need any help, let us know.

You can usually call 0333 003 0001 to make a payment but will told no balance if you’re calling prior to the balance being due.

If you still need help, give us a shout here.

Mohammed

Why iD Mobile?