Question

Billing/direct debit

• 8 July 2021
  • 7 replies

The direct debits for my 2 daughters, my son and myself were all being drawn from my account. Recently one of my daughters has taken out a new contract in her own name, new number with the direct debit set up to be paidĀ from her own account. The other daughter has also renewed her phone, she wanted to keep her number and was advised by the instore carphone warehouse salesperson to keep the contract as it was, under my name, but change the direct debit mandate to her bank. I have just received an email from ID asking why I've cancelled the payment. As far as I am aware I should no longer be paying for either of their contracts, just my own and my sons. How can I sort this out?

This topic has been closed for comments

7 replies

I have now discovered that ID have tried to take payments forĀ both of my daughters old phones from my account. The first one upgraded, changed her number and changed the bank details to her account and ID have continued trying to take payment for both phones. The other one upgraded, kept her existing number but changed bank details. Her new direct debit has been refused twice but ID are continuing to attempt to take money from the former one on my bank account. I need to speak to someone urgently to sort this mess out. Both have lost their log in details and all attempts to reset fail with error messages. I put a message on here 14 hours ago hoping someone from ID would pick it up, please help.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello Richard,

Based on what youā€™ve advised, you have 2 daughters on iD in your name as well as your son and your self, totalling 4 contracts?

Ā 

One of your daughters has left iD and taken her own contract in her name if Iā€™m correct?

Did you then cancel this contract since she left iD Mobile? This should mean once cancelled and final bill paid,no more payments for this account.

Ā 

Your other daughter who simply upgraded would have changed the details of the Direct Debit to her details if Iā€™m correct?

Youā€™d have gotten the Direct Debit cancelled text when changing this but if you log into her iD app/account it should show her bank details as the active Direct Debit?

Ā 

Can you check and confirm?

Ā 

We may need to access the account to review this if youā€™re having trouble still.

Ā 

Mohammed

Ā 

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @Richard Mustoe,

Iā€™ve merged your topics together.

Weā€™ll shortly send you a Private Message to your Community account, so we can discuss your issue further.

To access your messages, click your profile picture in the top right hand corner and then click ā€˜Private Messagesā€™.

Alternatively, if you are currently logged in, you can use the following link: https://community.idmobile.co.uk/inbox/overview

Weā€™ll see you there.

Ā 

Mohammed

Ā 

Ā 

Hi Muhammed, not quite correct, daughter 1 has upgraded, staying with ID but changing her number and direct debit details this has all been set up correctly but although she says she cancelled the previous DD mandate from my account it seems it hasn't worked and ID has attempted to take the payment so we are being charged for both phones ( but only one phone number )Ā This transaction was carried out on line. I closed the DD and have now had an email saying ID could not take payment. Daughter 2 upgraded with ID kept her existing number but changed the DD details, this purchase was made in-store at Coleraine. She has now had a message saying that her new DD payment, from her bank account has failed. I had again cancelled the existing DD from my account and have now had another failed DD from my bank account. These failed DD transactions were both carried out on the 7 th July. I have now re-activated both DD's so that ID can now take the payments but obviously I want and need this cleared up.Ā 

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @Richard Mustoe,

Ā 

If you could keep all further messages relating to this matterĀ to the PMs please, that would be great. Just means no important information is missed is all.

Ā 

Cheers,

Ā 

Will

Mohammed/Will

We thought that all of the billing/direct debit issues had been resolved but it appears that although we have paid the outstanding bill for 07443568982 - Jessica mustoe. And set up a new Direct debit for future payments, her service has been restricted since yesterday and she is unable to make or receive calls. Please rectify.Ā 

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Richard MustoeĀ ,

Sorry to hear that.

Ā 

Please could adviseĀ Jessica to contact us so that we can get in touch via Private Message and check this out?

Ā 

Thanks,

Kash

Why iD Mobile?