Solved

Can't make phone calls despite having unlimited minutes

• 18 November 2020
  • 13 replies

Userlevel 1

My plan comes with unlimited minutes and texts. However, when I try to make calls I am told:

‘You’re currently unable to make any calls as you’ve reached your capped limit.’

Please advise. I can never get through to a Live Agent to help and the automated Chat Bot is beyond useless. Really frustrating.

icon

Best answer by crwebster 16 January 2021, 17:01

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

13 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @Tom Humphries,

Usually that message appears if you have reached your additional spending cap so it would lead me to believe that you were trying to call a chargeable phone number, is that the case? 

If so, you will need to increase your bill cap through your account/app online.

Ryan

Userlevel 1

No, I’m fully up to date with all my bills and have no capped limit as I have unlimited calls on my plan. Even so I’ve tried to change the capped limit on the ID app and it makes no difference. It happens on every number I try to call, ‘chargeable’ or not - landlines, all mobile numbers in my contact list etc. I’ve put the sim into another phone and the same message is coming up. Will ordering a replacement sim help? This has been going on for months and it’s ridiculous. I’m paying for a phone I can’t use. Absolutely horrendous customer service. Please sort this.

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Hi @Tom Humphries 

We are sorry to hear that you are still unable to make calls even after testing the sim on another phone. 

We will send you a Private Message so we can look into this.

-Mohsin

Userlevel 1

@Mohsin I am having the exact same issue, my mobile app is showing unlimited calls and text messages but all of a sudden text messages to the same people I was able to text are now failing and when I try to make a call I am told I am unable to make calls as I have reached my capped limit. I have been trying for 2 hours to get through to someone on live chat and am very frustrated as I can’t use my phone. I don’t know if it is related but I have only recently switched to ID Mobile so it may be that my package has not been set up correctly at the provider end !?! Please help.

Userlevel 1

My issue with the calls has been resolved, they just started working again. I managed to speak with someone via live chat who confirmed there is an issue with text messaging. It looks like there is a problem on the 3 network that IDMobile piggy back onto so it will be down to 3 to get the issue fixed as and when.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @crwebster,

Thanks for confirming that.

Yes, the issue was due to Three UK which suffered a small outage which was quickly resolved.

Mohammed

Userlevel 1

@Mohsin I’ve replied to your private message with the details as requested to get this issue sorted. Look forward to hearing from you ASAP

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

Hi @Tom Humphries 

I can see we have messaged you and provided further information to you.

Michelle 

Hi @Mohsin @Michelle I am the registered account holder. Tom humphries is my son. We understand you need to speak to me as the registered account holder regarding Tom's phone not allowing him to call people. Please private message me.

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Hi @Rebeccahumphries 

We have sent you a Private Message regarding this now. We look forward to hearing from you.

-Mohsin

Userlevel 1

Now that my mother’s account has been verified and she has confirmed she is the account holder (although the phone is mine and I am the bill payer) please resolve this issue as a matter of urgency or I have no choice but to cancel my direct debit as I cannot use my phone

This problem is ongoing and has been for the best part of a year. No one at ID Mobile has done anything to help whatsoever except ask me and my son the same questions or state the same thing over and over - ‘which numbers are you trying to call?’, ‘you have unlimited minutes so should be able to call’ etc. We have given you our responses/answers so many times and the problem remains unsolved. My son can receive incoming calls but cannot make any outbound calls whatsoever unless these are made through WhatsApp which is not practicable for making work calls whilst working from home etc. He has unlimited minutes and has never missed a bill payment. Please ensure you do something to resolve the problem as soon as possible as my son pays £43 a month for a phone he can’t use. I can only advise he cancels his direct debit payment otherwise without further reference to ID as this is a breach of contract on ID’s behalf. @Mohsin @Michelle 

Userlevel 1

This issue has now been resolved by ID’s technical team. I can make calls. Many thanks for the help.

Why iD Mobile?