Question

Can't receive messages and use data at the same time

• 25 February 2022
  • 3 replies

My phone isnt receiving or sensing text messages when my data is on, however when I turn my data off and the receiver or sender turns their data off, I receive and can send them? 

Why bid this happening as I need my data on at the same time?

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

@Jackdanielburton That does sound peculiar. You’re definitely using SMS and not WhatsApp? When did this start and how long have you been with us? Have you recently joined us and ported your number in?

If you’re using an iPhone, please turn iMessage off, turn the phone off for 15 minutes, power on and try again. If you’re using an Android, do the same, but the setting should be called “Chat Features”.

Thank you,

Rory

Both inside or out…if I'm out and I have my data off but I get sent an sms message from someone (and they're data is on) the message doesn't come through? Until I turn my data on... 

But if they send me a small message and there data is off.... it comes through…

Basically unless the sender or receiver has the same as me (either data on or off) I can't receive or send sma messages?

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

Hi @Jackdanielburton, this does sound peculiar. When you say messages, do you mean SMS messages? Is data working in all other aspects? Does that happen when you’re at home and connected to Wi-Fi, or outdoors too?

Thank you,

Rory

Why iD Mobile?