Solved

Charged for calls not made

On 5 April I received two very short calls from a  number I did not recognize. I did not answer these calls. My next bill showed that I had been charged a total of £4.90 for two calls made to this number. These two calls overlapped in time. A search of the Internet suggested that the calls came from Samoa. Clearly someone had hacked into the ID phone system. What action will ID Mobile take to prevent this happening again? What action do I need to take to receive a refund for these charges?

icon

Best answer by Michelle 20 January 2021, 10:39

View original

14 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

Hi @Peter F 

Welcome to the iD Community.

I’ve sent you a direct message with further information.

Pearl

I have been charged for calls I did not make. How do I get a credit on my account?

When I was charged for unwanted calls from overseas, which I never answer, I contacted iD mobile customer services. The very helpful person arranged a refund and also capped the maximum monthly payment at that which is currently paid by direct debit for the basic plan.

How do I get to talk to customer services?  Every optionseems to be electronic. Thank you. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

I have been charged for calls I did not make. How do I get a credit on my account?

Hello @Roxyviva,

Have you managed to get this sorted?

A credit isn’t always offered in every case. 

@Vivaroxy,

Can you give us a bit of information on what you needed help with?

Mohammed

Hi. On 17/12 I was charged “add on” prices for 03 calls. As far as I know, these are included in my allowance. Thank you. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

HI @Vivaroxy 

The 0330 numbers will be free to call, however. numbers starting with 0345 will not be chargeable.

-Mohsin

EDITED

Hi

what about 0344 numbers? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @Vivaroxy,

Sorry about that.

Just to correct the above,

01 02 and 03 numbers are inclusive. This includes 0344, 0345 etc.

0800 numbers are free.

084 and 087 numbers carry a charge set by the number you’re calling + an iD access charge of 45p per minute.

Mohammed

Hi. I made an 0344 call and I have been charged extra for it. Therefore itshould have been included in my allowance. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

Hi @Vivaroxy 

We’ll need to check over your bill to confirm why you have been charged.

We’ll send you a private message on here so that we can verify your details. 

To view the message sent.  Simply click on your profile icon in the top right, then go to your private messages. 

Thanks. 

Michelle 

Hello 

I have been charged over my capped bill for a call that I did not make? By HMRC scam company - so Google says.

How do I get a refund or this resolved ASAP? 

Many thanks 

Marnie Anderson 

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Marn93,

Can you advise if the call is showing on your bill?

I would advise to check your call history as we would charge you if you made an outbound call to the number.

Kash

I received a message saying I was nearly at my limit for calls and texts.  I am 71 and I only send messages about 3 or 4 times a day at most.  I rang up to complain and they didn’t believe me.  So I left.  I wonder how many other customers have left for this reason.

Why iD Mobile?