Solved

Credit File Complaint

• 24 November 2020
  • 19 replies

I need to speak with a human but the live chat has been busy for the day. I’ve received a hit to my credit score as it shows a missed payment. I advised on the live chat last time that the direct debit had been cancelled too soon and needed a payment link, ect when the final one was due.

This has set me back 60 points and I need to speak with a person, ideally over the phone, so I can settle this cost. I’m happy to pay whatever it taken, i just need to know how so this can go away.

There is too much jargon on the site, I no longer what the phone or the sim which makes it harder as it belonged to my deceased mother and its gotten lost.

icon

Best answer by Ryan 1 December 2020, 10:45

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

19 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @Skezmyster,

I am sorry to hear about this. We can’t arrange a phone call but we will send you a PM here so we can try and get to the bottom of this.

Ryan

Can you confirm my account has been settled and I have no further costs to pay?

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

HI @Skezmyster 

I can see we have sent you a message however you have not yet replied. 

To view the message sent.  Simply click on your profile icon in the top right, then go to your private messages. 

Thanks. 

Michelle 

Can you just confirm the account has now been closed and there are no outstanding costs I am liable to you. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

HI @Skezmyster 

To discuss your account, please could you contact us via private message.

Thank you 

Michelle 

Hi there, I had a mobile phone account valid till 15 July 2020 and had an outstanding of £13 which I later settled on. However I can see that the experia website still show me to be a deafulter and my status is not settled. Could you please community this to experia and tell that the outstanding I had has already been settled. Equifax on the other hand shows this to be ok. 

My current address and postcode are XXXXXXXXXXX

However at the time of having the phone my address was: XXXXXXXXXXXX

My phone number used to be XXXXXXXXX

Thanks Saurav

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @sauravgoel,

We’ll drop you a Private Message now so that we can investigate this credit file enquiry for you.

Will

Userlevel 2

So you HAVE affected people's credit ratings....... Today i applied for a paltry £12 sim only deal this afternoon for my daughter, an hour after receiving order confirmation, gets email saying credit criteria not met!? Experian rates me at 999 out of 999. I do now have though a negative influencer on my profile who is showing as ID MOBILE. Considering my credit rating & fact I earn £30k a year with same amount in savings of which myself & wife add currently a £1000 a month into is utterly incredulous I failed your credit "check"!? I have raised issue with Experian & wish to complain to ID Mobile to reverse whatever credit negatives you have needlessly done to my rating today 12/04/21.

Rgds

John 

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi John,

Every lender affects peoples credit ratings each time a request for credit is made, that’s how a credit history is created.. I see we have now sent you a private Message, so we’ll continue to assist you there.

Will

Userlevel 2

Correct and now I have ID Mobile showing as a negative influencer on my Experian profile. Stunned as to why I would fail credit criteria considering my very healthy financial position & xlnt credit ratings with Experian, Equifax & Clearscore.

John 

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @John Henderson,

That’s what we’ll discuss with you in the private messages. If you could keep all dialogue there for now until we’ve began resolving your complaint, it will ensure no messages are potentially missed.

Thanks for your patience.

Will

Userlevel 2

Cheers

Hi,

A number of years ago I was conned into buying a monkie phone for my each of my children- which locked me into a 3year contract. After only 6 months neither of the phones worked so I took them back to car phone warehouse. They told me even though they sold me the phones I had to go direct to the company myself to get them fixed. No one at the company replied to emails, no phone line was operational. Basically no communication could be had.

Went back to car phone warehouse and said they still couldn't help me as it was company policy that I had to go directly to them !!!!

After no further communication from them, any help from car phone warehouse and no use of the phones AT ALL, I cancelled the direct debit one payment short. After 3 years of having to pay for a product and IDmobile knowing the sims were NOT being used I am now refused a mortgage for £10 that I did PAY when I had a letter come through the post to say I was a payment short. Even now it is on my credit score !

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

Hello @Sueatherton 

We are sorry to hear about the issues you have experienced.

You have mentioned a 3 year contract ? iD Mobile do not offer 3 year contracts.

As you purchased the phones from Carphone Warehouse, they would need to investigate your complaint fully; if upheld Carphone Warehouse have the ability to request credit file amendments with iD Mobile directly.

Regards, 

Michelle 

iD Mobile 

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

Was it the Monqi kid’s phone @Sueatherton?

I believe those are sold on the O2 / Tesco networks: https://www.tescomobile.com/monqi

I did find a reference to them being sold at Carphone Warehouse here: https://www.uswitch.com/mobiles/reviews/monqi-phone-review/

The Monqi phone is powered by a custom-built simplified version of the Android software that you’ll find on Samsung and HTC phones. Available for £149.99 exclusively at Carphone Warehouse, it’s a smartphone that gives parents full control over their child’s phone usage through an app installed on mum or dad’s handset.

Hi,

Yes they were Monqi,

2 year contract - sorry.

My issue is now it is ID MOBILE that is ruining my credit rating for something I have paid for, I’ve written off Car phone warehouse long ago as there is zero customer service.

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

The problem you have is that you cancelled the direct debit before final payment had been made. You may have made the payment but if it was paid late then the marker is correct and will very likely remain.

Regardless, as this support request will require account access, I will leave you to deal with @Michelle. She is a member of ID mobile staff and will respond to your reply shortly.

Good Luck 🤞👍

Thanks WelshPaul

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@Sueatherton,

We’ll shortly send you a Private Message to your Community account so we can discuss your issue further.

To access your messages, click your profile picture in the top right hand corner and then click ‘Private Messages’.

Alternatively, if you are currently logged in, you can use the following link: https://community.idmobile.co.uk/inbox/overview

We’ll see you there.

Kash

Why iD Mobile?