Solved

Credit notifications

Userlevel 1

Why have you suddenly told me that I am running out of credit?
I have done nothing different from all my previous months.
Why is it different?
I pay for hundreds of texts per month, yet I only make a maximum of TEN!

icon

Best answer by Ryan 30 October 2020, 16:16

View original

12 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @PeterFay,

I’m sorry to hear that. When you mention credit are you on a Pay As You Go plan or on a SIM card only/phone plan? If it’s the latter, it could be relating to your capped amount or simply you are hitting an allowance limit.

If you log into your account online, it will show what you are close to running out of but feel free to let us know here if you still need help and we’ll take a look.

Ryan

Userlevel 1

Your answer was useless.

IF you bother to look at my account, you will discover that I very rarely make any phone calls or texts. The lack of phone calls is due to my extremely poor hearing! I cannot use any phones! I also use the weblink supplied by SKY at my home.

Therefore, with all due respect, I pay you far too much money for almost no cost to yourselves! 

Perhaps I should find a different mobile service provider if you are unable to be of suitable use!

Peter Fay

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

With all due respect @PeterFay.  We simply provide you with the service you have signed up for.  Whatever that tariff may be.

If you are finding yourself using up your minutes or your data often, then it might be worth doing a Plan Change on your account and looking for one that suits you better for whatever needs you have.  If you have been on your current plan for several years now then it might be worth looking at if newer deals around the same price range are more worthwhile to you than the one you chose originally.

We would only ever be charging you for whatever is being used by your SIM.  Your phone would generally keep records in your call history of calls made and the duration of those recently. 

If it’s data being used, then phones keep a log of that recent usage in the Mobile Network/ Mobile Data settings if you need to refer there to what potentially be using more than you think.

If you do want to cancel or for us to provide a PAC (code) for you to move your number elsewhere then please let us know and we’ll send you a private message to help further with that.

Userlevel 1

I am sorry Kevin, but you clearly did not read my contact message.

I stated: "IF you bother to look at my account, you will discover that I very rarely make any phone calls or texts. The lack of phone calls is due to my extremely poor hearing! I cannot use any phones! I also use the weblink supplied by SKY at my home."

The important part of the message being that my weblink/ISP is SKY which I pay for independently. My mobile is oriented to use my SKY service ONLY.

Therefore, I fail to see how you can claim for me to use the ID service for any more than the phone line, which I cannot use due to my hearing problems!

This disagreement started due to you sending me a warning that I was low on usage credit. Yet if you look at my monthly statement, you inform me that I have 8GB transferred from September to October. 8GB I believe, is HALF of the monthly usage I pay for!

Please find somebody who can really explain to me why on earth I get these idiotic messages from ID!

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @PeterFay,

Speaking to us like that isn’t going to speed anything up or provide a better solution. If you could maybe speak to us in the same manner you’d like to be spoken to yourself, that’d be great.

If you’re using the data from your plan to use SKY, then that will be why you’re running out of data. To check your allowances on your plan rather than relying on update texts, please log into your account by clicking here and seeing for yourself.

Thanks for getting in touch, 

Will

Userlevel 1

Speaking to me like you did in your reply proves that I have made a useful point.

I was NOT in any way being rude to you. I was merely making a point that clearly I was not happy with your service!

I pay Sky for my ISD link, so why should I pay you again?

As I have told you many times, I DO NOT make any calls due to my hearing problems. Therefore, I am paying you for something I don't use and you should be grateful for that!

Or is it that good manners are thrown out in today's electronic communications?

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @PeterFay,

What is it we can assist you with? Are you unhappy with your plan? Would you like to change to a cheaper one, or are you after closing the account all together?

Have you checked your usage on the free iD Mobile App we provide?

Will

Userlevel 1

As I have said OFTEN.... I am not unhappy with the plan. I am unhappy with the way the ID staff appear to misuse it.

I will repeat YET AGAIN.... 

I pay you for services I do not and cannot use.

I HAVE HEARING PROBLEMS SO IT IS UNLIKELY FOR ME TO MAKE A PHONE CALL! 

I RARELY SEND ANY TEXTS!

BUT MOST IMPORTANTLY, MY MOBILE IS SET ONLY TO USE MY SKY ISP SERVICES! I KNOW THIS IS TRUE BECAUSE I LOST MY SKY ISP LINK RECENTLY FOR SOME HOURS AND MY MOBILE COULD NOT CONNECT ME TO THE NET!

Therefore, please STOP telling me I have supposedly used nearly all of monthly services!

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @PeterFay,

If you’ve lost connection to your Sky services, it’s likely that your phone used your data in the time of the outage. We don’t sell any plans that don’t come with minutes or texts, so although you may not use them, we can’t remove them from a plan and subsequently, we can’t discount any value they may or may not have to you personally or financially.

Will

Userlevel 1

You clearly did NOT read my last message!

I said, " I LOST MY SKY ISP LINK RECENTLY FOR SOME HOURS AND MY MOBILE COULD NOT CONNECT ME TO THE NET!"

With what part of the English language do you have trouble?

I was NOT connected to the Net. Therefore, I did NOT use your services!

Before you give me another feeble answer.... THINK FIRST! Or is that too difficult?

Userlevel 1

Hi,

If your sky internet was down or not working, it is likely that you did use ID services - you would have been using your mobile data allowance. That may explain why you have received the alert.

When you are connected to your sky broadband, you should not be using any data, but as you say your broadband was not working, your phone would have defaulted to the mobile internet in this case provided by ID mobile.

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @PeterFay,

We understand your frustration with what has happened with your situation and we’re trying to help here by gathering information to understand more about your situation. This will help us with finding out what has happened or at least, explain what could have caused your phone to use the allowances/credit.

Although you said you could not connect to the internet, even after your Sky internet stopped working, you may have already used up any credit/data allowance you had before realising.

As previously mentioned in this thread, there really is no need to speak to anybody like you are doing, especially when we’re only trying to help. We’re not here to take abuse.

We will send you a PM now so that we can look into your account to see what usage has caused your credit to be taken because we have no visibility as things stand due to this being a public forum. 

Ryan

Why iD Mobile?