Solved

Credit Score Ruined!

Userlevel 1

Can someone please help me, there is  a £2.20 outstanding amount on my account (which I have now paid). I was told the account was paid up in total and now I am applying for a mortgage to find out it’s declined because of defaults on my credit file! This is because of an error and I cannot get hold of anyone to help me?!

icon

Best answer by Will 10 October 2020, 17:55

View original

18 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Hi there @Ally_endersby 

If you’ve paid the bill recently then usually within about 30 days at the latest you should say the unpaid aspect of that credit mark being removed.

However if you had left a final bill unpaid for several months or so then unfortunately the “late” aspect of the credit mark would stand solely because it was paid late you see.

Userlevel 1

Hey Kevin, I had paid my final bill in May or before  (this was my daughters phone) so I cancelled the direct debit. I have had no further correspondence from ID however now to see three months default for the sum of £2.16, then £2.20 ?? Its ludicrous and it has juts cost me the mortgage I was applying for. I had no letters or emails to say there was any outstanding mount and I had an email to say I paid the final bill and closed the account. I’m so upset, devastated really after I’ve worked so hard to raise my credit score and this to show up now for some kind of mistake thats work £2 to a massive company? 

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @Ally_endersby,

It isn’t the value that matters, it’s that it’s left outstanding. it’s an automated system you see. 

We’ll send you a Private Message now and take a look at your account.

Will

Hi

I am in the exact same situation, I am unable to apply for a mortgage due to a bad credit rating from iD from 2016!  Please can you help me??

Sarah 

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @Sarah Turner,

We’ll shortly send you a Private Message to your Community account, so we can discuss your issue further.

To access your messages, click your profile picture in the top right hand corner and then click ‘Private Messages’.

Alternatively, if you are currently logged in, you can use the following link: https://community.idmobile.co.uk/inbox/overview

We’ll see you there.

Will

Hey everyone,

I am heart broken. After months of planning and saving I have been been rejected a mortgage due to a £6 missed payment using ID mobile from 2017. 

I have been through all my bank statements, taking hours of my time with no sign of a missed payment from ID mobile. I do not have my ID mobile number with me any more and I can not get help from anywhere. Honestly appalled.

I know a few of you had issues with this and I wanted to know how to get to the end of this?

Kind regards,

Dan

Hey guys,

Im having the same issue and not having a great time trying to solve it with a bot. Could anyone suggest how they solved this random credit issue? And if it is fixable?

Please and thank you :pray:

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @Dan95,

We’ll shortly send you a Private Message to your Community account, so we can discuss your issue further.

To access your messages, click your profile picture in the top right hand corner and then click ‘Private Messages’.

Alternatively, if you are currently logged in, you can use the following link: https://community.idmobile.co.uk/inbox/overview

We’ll see you there.

Will

Hello,

I have the same issue when applying for a mortgage.... I checked my credit file this morning and it says the despite the account being settled I had 3 months with £1 outstanding in 2021!!! 

Is this fixable?

Please and thank you!!!

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

Did you have a balance of £1 outstanding for a period of three months back in 2021? If so, it wouldn't be removed from your credit file even if you cleared the debt at later date. 

I did not no! I was never notified nor had any communication of this £1 outstanding and it was settled automatically by ID Mobile. My credit score has been set to poor now even though I never knew about this outstanding balance. I was also on a rolling 30 day contract with a cap on any extra charges so there is no way that I owed the £1. 

I have looked through all of my statements and there is nothing there. I really hope that ID Mobile can reverse this otherwise I will be stuck. Did any of you manage to get this resolved?

Please can someone contact me ASAP to resolve this! Very urgent!!!

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

Reason I asked is that creditors are legally obligated to provide credit reference agencies with accurate information...

iD Mobile can and do remove default markers, but only where there is a genuine error. Many people fail to login to their accounts and pay their final bill. Others just cancel a direct debit and assume that cancels their service (it does not).

Have you tried speaking to a live agent? If not, you can do so here. You can also contact iD Mobile via Twitter and Facebook. Or, you can wait for a member of the iD Mobile team to reach out with an offer of help here, but it may take a few days.

Good Luck!

Thanks - this is definitely not accurate information which they have provided.

I never cancelled my direct debit with them. Simply moved away to a different provider. So if anything was owed, they should have been able to take it. But they haven't and have since settled it. It's non sensical.

Thanks for your help.

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

iD Mobile do take the final amount via direct debit. Banks send notification to iD Mobile upon deletion of an existing  direct debit, who in turn notify you. If you never cancelled the direct debit and it's a case of iD Mobile simply failed to debit the account then iD Mobile should remove the default for you.

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @Alex95,

I’m just checking to see if you have managed to obtain assistance through the support channels mentioned by @WelshPaul? If not, please let us know here and we can offer further support.

Ryan

My credit score is completely destroyed now , I’ve just paid the £84.41 that I’d mobile say that I actually owe .

is this over and will it be removed off my file ? 
I need a response on this asap,

[EDIT]- id number from before December ! 

I cancelled this after the term period of 24 months ,

i never received a bill via email or post? Just now on my credit file ! 

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

You don't get a final bill via post or email, you view them online. I haven't had a final bill in the post in years! I recently left Vodafone and Virgin Media, no final bill in the post. All available for viewing online.

One should never cancel a direct debit. Leave it active so any final amount can be collected. If a direct debit isn't used for a period of six months or more, the bank will automatically close it down.

unfortunately, if the amount overdue was owed then any negative marker on your credit file will not be removed. It's your responsibility to check your bills and pay them on time.

Why iD Mobile?