Question

Default on credit report.

• 14 March 2021
  • 3 replies

Hi good afternoon,

I have recently discovered a default listed on my credit file from id mobile. It was was for a phone service, that was past the contract that i was no longer using. As soon as i became aware and realised the issue i paid straight away as i always had done previously. The default is having an extreme negative impact on my current housing situation, and therefore hope this is something that can be rectified fairly.

Hope to hear back from you soon,

Many thanks,

Alfie

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @Crashbandicoot1,

When a balance is overdue, if unpaid, this can incur negative marks as late payments etc.

If you make a payment this won’t remove the marks as they would have been recorded correctly.

Instead, this would mark the account as settled.

When did you make the payment?

Did you contact us originally at the time to discuss the payment and the marks?

Mohammed

Hi Mohammed,

Thank you for getting back to me. 

I made the payment as soon as i found out i was aware of the money owed which was last year i believe.

The contract i had signed up for had ended, and i stopped using your service as you can tell from your records. It wasnt used even once during the time i was billed for. I was billed for multiple months ( maybe 8) when the contract has ended without the phone or sim being in use. 

As you you can also tell from the records, i always paid the bill when i was in contract and using your service. 

In regard to contacting yourselves i found it difficult to contact anyone, i couldnt find an adress to contacr via email or a way of speaking to someone on telephone. 

I hope this answers your questions.

Going forward can you please suggest how to rectify this situation? 

Thanks again,

Alfie

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Hi @Crashbandicoot1 

We will send you a Private Message so we can escalate this to our credit file team. To view the message sent.  Simply click on your profile icon in the top right, then go to your private messages.

-Mohsin

Why iD Mobile?