Solved

Direct Debit not taken

• 24 July 2020
  • 8 replies

My Direct Debit was supposed to be taken today, it wasn’t, I’ve checked the details and they are correct, my account is now showing an outstanding amount, I am happy to make a card payment if necessary, but I’m not sure what the best course of action is.

many thanks

icon

Best answer by Kevin 24 July 2020, 18:03

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Hi there @JulianH 

Normally speaking if a Direct Debit fails, it should be re-attempted within a week.  So it might be worth just allowing that to happen as things stand.

If you get a reminder message by text saying you need to pay, then by all means make a manual payment through the iD Mobile App or website.

If you had funds in the account to cover the Direct Debit, then please hold off making a manual payment, as you may then end up paying twice.  On rare occasion Direct Debits do come out a day or 2 later than usually scheduled all on their own.

During the day, the account has updated and is showing as paid, there was plenty of money in the account to cover it, no sign of it yet on my bank, not even as a pending transaction.

peculiar.

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

How strange @JulianH, glad it’s showing as taken now. I’m sure the bank side will update soon too.

Will

Hello my name is silviu vasile cojoc and  from 2 months ago my direct debit didn’t take the money from my account and i try to call and I couldn’t find no one 

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Hi there @Silviudeva 

If you have your iD Mobile account registered.  You can log in to the iD Mobile App -or- log in to our website to pay any bills that way if need be.

Alternatively, you can call the automated line via the following:

You can call our iD Customer Service Team on 0333 003 7777

You'll be asked for your mobile number

Select Option 2 for Payments & Billing
Select Option 2 again for Making a payment

Userlevel 1

Direct debit was suppose to be took two days ago however is hasn’t been took I’ve had no email or text saying it’s not been paid. Theres money in the bank what do I do? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @Kinnie53,

Is the Direct Debit showing active in the iD account?

Does the payment show as taken via the app/account?

It may just not have updated to reflect this.

Direct Debits are taken 14-days or just after the payment date.

Mohammed

Userlevel 1

Yeah it’s been took now thanks 

Why iD Mobile?