Question

End contract, go sim only

• 27 April 2020
  • 2 replies

Hi, 

I have been with ID mobile for over two years. I entered into a contract to pay monthly for two years. 

Now I have reached the end of two years I would like to remain with ID but go to a cheaper deal as I have paid off the cost of the phone. 

Please can someone assist.

Thanks, Patrick 

2 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

Hi @Patrick Simpson 

Welcome to iD Community.

You can simply change your plan to a 30-day SIM in the app at the end of your contract.

It’s really quick and usually takes a few hours, before your new plan is live. You can find out how to change your plan https://community.idmobile.co.uk/plan-change-69/how-to-change-your-plan-31884

Once you’re out of your 24-month contract, there won’t be a fee to change your plan, however your first bill after you process your change may look a bit different than usual.

If you’ve already paid for your old plan, then you process a plan change, we’ll be sure to credit you for the over payment, and this will appear on your next bill. So, you don’t have to do it on the day your contact ends, as we’ll credit the difference, but if you’re changing your plan and not upgrading, do it after your contract ends.

Once you’ve changed your plan to a 30 day SIM, you can change your plan once every 30 days, so it’s worth keeping an eye on what’s available for you to change to. 

Hope this helps.

Thanks, 

Pearl

That’s great, thank you! 

My contract ended in January and I forgot to change my plan since then. 

Just to check will I receive a credit for the time since the contract ended in January, or just for this month? 

Thanks, Patrick :)

Why iD Mobile?