Solved

FAILED competition text

• 21 January 2019
  • 9 replies

I am unable to send text to Capital FM cash call competition using text number 83958.
I have enabled premium texts and have no cap on my account.
I had a look on here and don't see any previous questions answered like mine please help.
icon

Best answer by Ryan 22 January 2019, 15:12

View original

9 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Hi @Deelou78 

If the text has gone through in the past and you have money left in your Spend Cap then this will most likley be an issue with the competition you are sending the texts to. We would advise trying again tomorrow, if you are stil having the same issue we will send you a Private Message and escalate this with our Tech Team.

-Mohsin

I’ve only ever entered this one. But it’s always hit or miss. Sometimes it goes through first time then others like today I’ve attempted 4 times and it’s not gone through. Yet it’s taken the standard text cost from my balance 

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Hi @Deelou78 

We are sorry to hear this. Does this happen to every compeition you send a message to or is it just this one where you are not charged the £2?

-Mohsin

I have this issue. I’ve got money left on my cap and the standard text charge is taken from my account but not the extra £2 for the comp plus I don’t get a confirmation text back. It doesn’t always do it but I’ve just tried 4 times and it’s still not through. Which is annoying as I’m being charged for a standard text every time 

Userlevel 6
Badge +10
Hi @Deedsnotwords,

Oh no! Hopefully you have better luck next time!

Ryan
Just to update the text went through perfectly but unfortunately I didn't win this time around!
Userlevel 6
Badge +10
Hi @Deedsnotwords,

No worries and good luck!🤞🏼

Ryan
Thanks Ryan, my cap was set at £0, so I've increased it and will try entering the competition again today.
I'll let you know if it works fingers crossed I win!
Userlevel 6
Badge +10
Hi @Deedsnotwords,

When you mention that you have no cap, just for clarification, you are referring to having nothing set at all in the way of a price cap as opposed to having a £0 cap? If it is at £0, you'd have to increase this to enable the chargeable text to be sent.

Otherwise, are you given any error messages when you attempt to send a message to that number?

Ryan

Why iD Mobile?