Question

FreeBee Charge

• 26 September 2020
  • 19 replies

Has anyone else received an unsolicited premium £1 message from FreeBee with a text later to say it was a technical error?

Im not registered with FreeBee so wondering if ID can take a look at this!

19 replies

Yes. I received 179 messages from them in the space of about 15 minutes before I could block them to incur a £179 bill for texts on my phone. Trying to get this refunded as certainly didn't sign up for premium messages. 

O2 customers are reporting the same issue from Friday 25th.

My texts came from 84222

Thanks Littleplum: I’ve spoken to OFCOM and the  Phone-paid Services Authority (http://psauthority.org.uk/)  who are investigating. Please could you do so as well - and anyone who you know with similar issues too!

I have used this site to contact the people sending the text, to follow due process. If no response I will raise the complaint. 

Thanks for the info. 

Userlevel 1

I have the same issue, loads of charges on my account. spoke to ID they were as helpful as a chocolate fire guard and refused to stop the charges. 

I have now reported this to psauthority and looks like ill be out of pocket until its resolved.

Text from 84222 “Freebee”  on 25th Sept as noted above

Tried contacting the company with the below info but the website doesn't work. 

Customer care website

http://www.freeb.me/terms_conditions

I have had messages from Vodafone and Freebee assuring me that money charged incorrectly will be refunded to my account by the end of the week. Their mistake. I am confident that all will be resolved before the end of this week

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello all, looks like based on the discussion this is being dealt with? If anyone does need assistance, please let us know.

Mohammed

Yes. I received 179 messages from them in the space of about 15 minutes before I could block them to incur a £179 bill for texts on my phone. Trying to get this refunded as certainly didn't sign up for premium messages. 

Hello all, looks like based on the discussion this is being dealt with? If anyone does need assistance, please let us know.

Mohammed

Hi Mohammed, I was charged £163 for a stream of premium texts from Freebee ion the 25th September. It was very difficult to get the stop text to send as I was being bombarded with Texts.

Virgin were very unhelpful about it  suggesting that I must have requested them to the point of dropping the phone call. I still don’t know who they are or what they were selling/promoting as the  texts were empty. Have you any advice please

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Hi @Lizbet 

The best help (regardless of what network you’re with) is all on the Phone-paid Services Authority website, here: https://psauthority.org.uk/for-consumers/ive-been-charged-what-next

On that page, if you go to the Service Checker.  You can there enter the number to which these texts are coming from.

Scroll down the page once you’ve entered that number and you’ll find contact details for the company in question.

Contact the company by email or however means you’d like and make a complaint to them for the charges you’ve incurred.  Ask for a refund and to be removed from any such services or database of theirs.

If you have never signed up for the service in the first place than that is outrageous that they’ve had the audacity to charge so much in such a short time.

Unfortunately the site did not recognise the phone number. However I’ve been in touch with Virgin three times the first was a waste of time the second was a little more helpful but the third time I was told Virgin has noted these un solicited text Messages and I will be refunded. I won’t know till my bill is automatically paid on the 16th! Watch this space!!

I had 15 texts all came in together which took all my credit from my giffgaff account i then received a text the following day from freeb saying they had a glitch and would be contacting me (which they didn’t) after searching around found out they were fined 100k for doing the same thing before. there customer service number is 02032913904  leave a message, I had a reply from email customer.service@freeb.me stating people were going to be paid back but nothing yet.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hi all,

Just so confirm, no one in this thread is with iD Mobile and has been affected or has not already been able to resolve with contacting them using the above details directly?

customer service number is 02032913904  leave a message, I had a reply from email customer.service@freeb.me stating people were going to be paid back but nothing yet.

Hoping you all manage to get a refund and a block on this number.

Mohammed

Userlevel 1

Has anyone managed to get a refund? 

cant get through on the number and no response to their emails.

registered company name is MOBLIX MEDIA LIMITED

They have also been fined in the past for miss use. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @marksie1988,

Did you try the contacting via the methods the below:

customer service number is 02032913904  leave a message, I had a reply from email customer.service@freeb.me stating people were going to be paid back but nothing yet.

Userlevel 1

@Will yes I did contact them via this information a few weeks ago, only just got a response today saying that it should be refunded via my ID Mobile account. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Thanks @marksie1988,

Could you please let us know once that credit appears on your bill? It would help us massively understand that process moving forward.

Will

Userlevel 1

@Will  I have just received another email from freeb stating: 

“We apologies for any delay in responding. We have been informed that all users have been refunded directly via their service provider. All numbers affected have been removed.” 

However when i look at my account I cant see anywhere that I have had a refund for this. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @marksie1988,

We will send you a PM now so that we can check this out further.

Ryan

@marksie1988 Can you confirm that you were eventually refunded for the money taken by this scam? We would also be interested to know how easy/difficult the refund process was (as we believe some consumers found it very difficult). We are in discussions with the regulator on this issue and would appreciate your feedback. https://psconsumers.org.uk/contact/

Why iD Mobile?