Solved

Going in circles trying to get help

Currently in a queue waiting for online support via the team at 0 minutes and 0 seconds for 10th minute. Initially it was 16 minutes which was fine, no issue waiting but I don’t even know if I'm properly in the queue or if it’s an error. Anyway, that's not what I was here about.

I wrote before about this. I’ve got 3 ID mobile contracts and wanted to cancel 1 of them as it wasn’t used. We have a busy household and I don’t have all the details for the phone contracts and as such I contacted ID who were able to identify 2 accounts but couldn’t tell me the third one as it was in my wife’s name even though the payments were in from my bank. I was advised she should log in to ID mobile herself. So I tried creating an account but it needed the phone number associated with that account. We have no idea so we can’t do that one either.

Next plan, cancel direct debit for the mystery account. I couldn’t identify via bank statements which one was which so I've cancelled them all from ID.

Sick of the none help.

Just come off live chat. One agent tells me one of the accounts isn’t in my name and cant help so my wife logs in and tells her that the accounts are in MY name so they can’t help.

Forget it ID Mobile. Cancelling DD, getting a sim only deal from somewhere else and keeping the phones. Thanks very much good bye!

icon

Best answer by Ryan 14 August 2020, 14:09

View original

13 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @Aleks Catteraker,

We are very sorry to hear about the issues faced here. As long as the account that you wish to cancel was bought in your name, we should have been able to help. We would not recommend cancelling your Direct Debit as this can lead to unpaid bills which affect your credit score.

We will PM you now to offer support with having the plan cancelled.

Ryan

** Edit ** Upon checking the PMs, it is confirmed that the plan you wish to cancel is in someone else’s name. If she can create a post here and let us know, we can cancel this with her via PM too.

Ryan no. She contacted ID on chat and she was told they are I'm MY name hence going around I  circles. I've done absolutely everything i can. Someone from your side needs to take ownership of of this problem and deal with it if you want money from me. I'm quite satisfied that if this goes to Court I wont do too badly. I'd rather sort it before that but like I say I've been more than reasonable so ID should extend the same courtesy. I'd settle for reasonable though.

Easiest way is to ring me. I'll give you my number and have all my security info to hand and you can speak to my wife too.

Rest assured I'll tell everyone I know of this and I can already see other similar problems people are having. ID have done NOTHING to rectify this problem, I've been passed from pillar to post and back again and the best you can do is threaten me with a bad credit score!? No genuine attempt to deal with the problem just straight to threats??

Other people will see this and you know what it will make them think?? "If that's what they're like I dont want to be with ID".

Maybe I should make some kind of meme out of this and put it on Facebook? We all know people like to share memes.

I hope you can sort it but I wont hold my breath.

I see you've marked this as solved. It is NOT solved. Putting solved on it because it's in the too hard to do box does not actually solve the problem. It just hides it.

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @Aleks Catteraker,

It was established over 20 days ago the account wasn’t in your name. What’s changed?

Will

Hi Will.

Thanks for your reply. What changed was the only 2 people who would have created an account would be me or my wife. We have both logged into chat assitants and have been told its neither of us. I'm confident it's not fraud because we DID create that account.

It comes out of my bank account which you can see so I should have some access to the account details.

It's the utter inflexibility and lack of attempting to think of ways to fix the problem that have led to my frustration.

Alex

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @Aleks Catteraker,

We’re not sure what you have been advised via Live Chat but security may have been refused if she provided details for your number instead of the number she may have in her name.

If you’re confident that the account is in her name, please ask her to register an account via the Community and she can reply to this topic, we’ll be happy to pick this up with her directly.

Mohammed

You clearly haven't read the above. I did that already.

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @Aleks Catteraker 

Could you please tag her in a post please (type @ and then enter her username) so that we can check her account and see what’s been said to her on here?

Will

It was on an a chat not on this forum. It's okay over reported it as fraud now. It's the only next logical step.

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Again @Aleks Catteraker 

If you could have the account holder get in touch with us here, we’ll be happy to help with anything relating to the account.

It’s a legal requirement we speak to the named account holder in order to make any sort of account-related changes.  

Oh my God. Kevin. AGAIN. I dont know who the account holder is. Read stuff before commenting.

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Sorry about that. @Aleks Catteraker.

Offer is still there for us to check what’s gone on if you tag the other account though.

Will

Why iD Mobile?