Sticky Tutorial

How to understand your bill.

Userlevel 8
Badge
If there’s anything about your bill you don’t understand, you can ask a question below.

But before you do that, you might want to check out our Understanding your bill webpage. It tells you exactly how your bill works, plus it’s got a sample bill with each point carefully explained in rigorous detail!

We’ve also rounded up a few of the most common questions we get asked around billing. Here they are:

Where can I view my bill?

You can view your bill by logging in to the iD Mobile app or My Account, and then going to 'Billing', 'Current month'.

To view previous bills, go to 'Billing', then 'See a Breakdown'.

How can I get paper billing?

Paper billing is available at a cost of £1.50 per month. To get it, log in to the iD Mobile app or My Account, go to the 'My Billing' page, 'Billing method' and select 'Change my billing method'.

How can I pay my bill?

The best way to pay your bill is via Direct Debit. It means you don't have to remember to make a payment each month and helps to avoid any issues with late payments.
To set up a new Direct Debit simply select ‘Billing’ from the main menu of the app or My Account, then ‘Change my Direct Debit’ and fill out the details.
We also accept manual card payments. You can do this by going to 'My Bills', 'Billing', and selecting 'make a payment'.

Why do you bill me the day after I join?

We bill you the day after you join so you can pay your first month’s line rental in advance. This means that you’ll avoid getting a large bill shock when your first proper monthly bill arrives.

What happens if I fail to make a payment?

If you miss a payment, we’ll probably try to contact you (by SMS, post or Text To Speech) and inform you of the situation. We might put an outgoing restriction on the line until your account is brought up to date.

If you think that you might miss a payment, the best thing to do is to contact us as soon as possible. We’ll do our best to help.

Will I need to pay any charges at the end of my plan?

Yes, at the end of your plan you'll pay your standard monthly plan amount, along with any additional charges you incurred outside of your allowances.

When do my allowances refresh?

Your allowances will refresh after one calendar month - it all depends on the date your plan started. For example - if you have a connection date of the 5th, your allowances will run until the 4th of the following month, and refresh on the 5th.

16 replies

Userlevel 1
My monthly charge changes every month but the information online says it will always be the same. I can't find any info to explain why. Can you help?
Userlevel 6
Badge +10
Hi @Pippy,

Welcome to the iD Community!

When you view your bill, have you checked for any out-of-allowance usage? This can include calls/texts to chargeable or premium numbers, or using more data that what is contained within your allowance.

Ryan

Hi

?

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

Hi @Aaliyah , 

Welcome to iD Community.

How can we help you today?

Thanks, 

Pearl

So, I have recieved my bill and I have been charged £14 on top of my usual £15 a month for my contract so, overall thats £29 but ive just paid the full £29 now before my usual pay date so, will I be charged an extra £15 or will I not pay at all on my pay date as ive paid my bill in full?

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @RK99 , I’ve sent you A PM now in response to a chat elsewhere.

Cheers,

Will

Hi i am Mohammed S I have open my bill £ 757,00 how can i payment pay please Anwar my i want to pay minma payment palin

Hi

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Hi @Malik123 

If you’re looking to make a payment, you could do this through the iD Mobile App (or our website) if you’re registered and log in there.

Alternatively, you can call our automated payment line on 0333 003 7777

You'll be asked for your mobile number

Select Option 2 for Payments & Billing
Select Option 2 again for Making a payment

My bill is £51 should be £39

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

Hi @Chris Draper, you can check the iD Mobile app for any extra charges. Also, if you’ve recently upgraded, changed plan, or amended your Direct Debit date, this will result in your bill looking a little different.

Thank you,

Rory

Hi,

I have recently joined iD mobile and my bill has been 44.99 each month but I changed my direct debit this month and it’s changed the balance of this months bill to 53. Additionally it says all future bills will cost 49.99, why is this the case? I only changed the bill date by 4 days to fall in line with my new payday.

Hope you can help, this is frustrating because I was sure the price was fixed during my contract.

Thanks,

Tara

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi Tara,

When you change the payment date the bill would usually be higher as you’ll be charged for a longer period that month but this shouldn’t affect future bills.

However if future bill are showing as a different price as to what you agreed, please let us know and we can investigate.

Kash

Hi Tara,

When you change the payment date the bill would usually be higher as you’ll be charged for a longer period that month but this shouldn’t affect future bills.

However if future bill are showing as a different price as to what you agreed, please let us know and we can investigate.

Kash

Thanks Kash, I understand the pro rata of my current bill being more but my account says 49.99 now as my usual billing amount when it should be 44.99 as I had agreed.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@Tara McKeown,

We’ll shortly send you a Private Message to your Community account so we can discuss your issue further.

To access your messages, click your profile picture in the top right hand corner and then click ‘Private Messages’.

Alternatively, if you are currently logged in, you can use the following link: https://community.idmobile.co.uk/inbox/overview

We’ll see you there.

Kash

Why iD Mobile?