Question

ID applied a default to my credit report when I disputed and delayed paying my final bill

• 7 January 2019
  • 28 replies

Userlevel 1
Has anyne had issues with disproportionate credit defaults being applied by ID? I left the service last year, and disputed my final bill (of £15) as ID didn't action my account closure request on time. I paid the bill after two months to avoid hassle, and they subsequently reported a default on my credit file. This is now causing credit issues (mortgage, credit card), huge strain on my family, and affecting my mental health, for the miniscule size and nature of the payment amount.

28 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

Hi ajw2269, we'd like to investigate this for you to determine if the marks on your credit file have been applied correctly.

Normally payments would continue to be made but if something's happened or the disconnection was delayed we'll sort this for you.

Can you please email us so we can confirm the situation.

-Phil

Userlevel 1
I had a similar case. I disputed an overcharge and cancelled payment until resolved. After getting no responses and going to FCA on their advise I paid outstanding amount. After doing so ID mobile cancelled the contract and ordered me to pay the remainder of the contract. Again after trying to contact them several times with no luck they actioned a default which has now stopped me from getting a mortgage.

The call centre in South Africa is completely useless and can never answer your questions. Worst experience of a phone company I have ever had.
Userlevel 6
Badge +10
Hi @ben carew,

I'm sorry to hear about your situation. If an outstanding bill has not been paid, then after a while the contract will be closed due to non-payment and a default may be placed on your credit file due to this, and this is a process used by all mobile phone networks you see.

Ryan
Userlevel 1
it was being disputed. I sent more than one email without reply and called many times without being able to speak to someone helpful. Without a call or email a default was placed which has completely messed up my credit for 6 years. I still cannot even speak to someone who can help with getting it settled. Hopefully legislation will be passed to stop bullying mobile networks being able to handout defaults just because they want to.
Userlevel 6
Badge +10
Hi @ben carew,

I understand, and I apologise if that has been the case. If you need us to look into anything else further, than please contact our Live Chat team here; they will be able to help in real-time.

Ryan

Has anyne had issues with disproportionate credit defaults being applied by ID? I left the service last year, and disputed my final bill (of £15) as ID didn't action my account closure request on time. I paid the bill after two months to avoid hassle, and they subsequently reported a default on my credit file. This is now causing credit issues (mortgage, credit card), huge strain on my family, and affecting my mental health, for the miniscule size and nature of the payment amount.

I have asked to cancel twice. Luckily I have the names of the people I was in contact with. I paid outstanding amount plus following month as you have to give notice. I was then hounded by a debt agency so paid it as did not want a bad credit rating. Now anther firm is chasing me for all the months since. I have not used the phone for a year now. They will not get any more money. I will not pay for their incompetence at not closing the account when told to. Absolute nightmare!!!

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @Barbs,

This doesn’t sound right at all. We’ll drop you a private now so we can check on your disconnection, outstanding amounts, and credit file query.

Will

Userlevel 1

I have had a similar experience! Got advised this was a 1 month rolling contract, cancelled after 2 months. TRIED TO APPLY FOR MORTGAGE BUT FAILED, checked my credit report and it flagged up CARPHONE WAREHOUSE Who couldnt help!

Got told to contact ID mobile but no telephone number or credit team! Absolutely shocked at how they have put a bad mark on my file???

How can i  get this amended? Please help

Userlevel 1

Hi @Barbs,

This doesn’t sound right at all. We’ll drop you a private now so we can check on your disconnection, outstanding amounts, and credit file query.

Will

Hi please help me

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

HI @Pete Lees 

We are sorry to hear this. We will send you a Private message now so we can look into this. To view the message sent, simply click on your profile icon on the top right and select Private Messages.

-Mohsin

Userlevel 1

I WAS TOLD THIS IS A ONE MONTH CONTRACT, I WAS MISS-SOLD!! YOU HAVE PUT A DEFAULT ON MY ACCOUNT PLEASE REMOVE IT ASAP!!!!

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi Pete,

Who was it that sold you the line? Was it Carphone Warehouse?

If so, it sounds like your issue is with them if it’s the manner the SIM was sold to you that has caused this issue.

Will

Userlevel 1

Not really the issue is ID mobile who didn't cancel the contract when requested

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @Pete Lees,

That wouldn’t be being missold if that’s the case. How was it you contacted us to provide the 30 days notice required to cancel? 

Will

Userlevel 1

I either called you or emailed you 

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @Pete Lees,

In the Private messages we’ve sent, you advised that you didn’t actually know you were with us due to how the contract was sold to you. What was it that prompted you to email or call us if you were unaware of being with ourselves?

Will

Userlevel 1

I've found out that it was your company causing the problem hiding behind carphone warehouse image. People like you destroy other peoples lives and I'm going to make sure that you don't do that to others 

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

We aren’t hiding behind anything @Pete Lees.

If you were missold, you need to speak to Carphone Warehouse.

If you now remember that you did know you had a contract with us, and you contacted us to tell us you wanted to cancel, please reply to the Private Message providing the details of when and how you contacted us. As all calls are recorded, and all emails saved, locating any attempt you made to cancel will be very easy for us. If, as you say, you did contact us, we’ll have record of that and we’d be able to remove the marks on your credit file for you.

We’re always happy to help when we can.

Will

Userlevel 1

A contract?? I was told it was a monthly sim

You expect me to remember the specific date I contacted you? Are you kidding me? All I know is that I was with you for 2 months and after that I did not want to continue with you due to a dispute about data which I complained about , so check all your phone records and emails and it will tell you I DID NOT WANT ANYTHING TO DO WITH THIS COMPANY 

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Hi @Pete Lees 

A ‘monthly sim’ is also referred to as a Monthly contract. Please respond to our Private Message so we can investigate when you had contacted us to cancel the contract. Once you provide us with this information we can look into this on our end. We look forward to hearing from you in the Private Message section. 

-Mohsin

Hi there, I now have a default on my card, because I cancelled my phone contract with ID, however payments were still going on. I cancelled the direct debit after calling ID and telling them that I have cancelled the contract after the 24 months, but i was not aware that payments were still due . Im not happy as this is stopping me from getting an important loan.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Aleks Sukic,

The 24 months of the contract is the minimum term of the contract. We wouldn’t automatically cancel the contract after this time as you may still require the services.

You would continue to be charged the same and receive services unless you contacted us to process a disconnected, moved your number or upgraded.

If you cancelled the direct debit whilst payments were still being taken and before the the final the bill was due it would result in missed payments which would affect your credit file.

Kash

iD Mobile

Hi @Kash I payed for every month for the 24 months and have the transfers. However, after the 24 months I cancelled and did not know there was still payments due, after phoning and telling ID that I was cancelling the contract. This is causing major problems and I need to know weather I can get this removed off my credit file. Aleks

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

Hello @Aleks Sukic 

We’ll need to check your account details, please note if you have cancelled your Direct Debit and not contacted iD Mobile to request a disconnection, you would be liable for any charges applied.

We’ll send you a private message on here so that we can verify your details. 

To view the message sent.  Simply click on your profile icon in the top right, then go to your private messages. 

Thanks. 

Michelle 

I ordered a I phone in the month of Jan. It was sent to me as a faulty device. I returned to your curry’s canary wharf store. Got the confirmation on the contract cancellation, got my refund too. Recently i was shocked and its devastating that you had reported on my credit score for £3 which you are claiming i need to pay month on month. I don’t understand when the contract is cancelled how do you say i have make monthly payment. I returned the phone  next day. 

I need this to be fixed and reported back to credit agency as its effecting my mortgage offer. 

I lost the trust as it was a life changing event for me. We are very stressed out after learning what you have done to me.  

Why iD Mobile?