Solved

id mobile - carphone warehouse

• 21 June 2018
  • 1 reply

Search: "I phoned carphone warehouse, where I purchased iD mobile and got the sim from them, I called but got no answer!!, so I hung up.. So why then I get charged 52pence!?, and I asked that day, can I phone any number!?, was told yes, so I guess that it is not!!!, sad thing is I called them who got me onto id mobile, I think this is wrong, even if there number is.. 08435380883, I can't blame carphone warehouse in a way, as even in shop it didn't say unlimited texts, £3.99 bundle... Surely id mobile should recognise carphone warehouse number, especially when I called for advice, then onto the number sequence, then waited for 1min, so even as well technically I was never spoken too still get charged 52pence, it's not a lot it's the principle of the matter, I called to a place who gave me id mobile what they sell in shop!?, and I get charged.. I'd mobile sort that problem issue out, I can see then the point, if its a business number not related!?, I wouldn't be bothered about 52p... Thank you.. 👍
icon

Best answer by Mohammed 24 June 2018, 12:51

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +10
Hello @Peter,

Your inclusive minutes will cover calls to 01, 02 and 03 landline numbers, as well as standard 07 mobile numbers.

0800 and 0808 numbers are free and carry no cost just like contacting our Customer Services.

If you call the 101 non emergency line, there's a 15p one-off charge applied but no charge per minute for the call.

Non-geographic numbers/special rate numbers that begin with 084 or 087 have an iD Access Charge of 45p per minute and the company/business you call will have their own charge on top of this.

The same applies to 118 and 09 numbers but we'd expect these charges to have a higher rate set by the company.

The rest of the call charges can be found here: https://www.idmobile.co.uk/help-and-advice/call-charges

We can understand you purchased the SIM from Carphone Warehouse, but the stores have premium numbers for contact which will incur a charge for calling. This is why you have been billed for the call. Calls to either Carphone Warehouse Customer Services or iD Mobile Customer Services are included for free within your allowances.

Mohammed

Why iD Mobile?