Solved

Log a complaint/Bill paid but services still barred

Badge

HI I have no idea how to log a complaint as ID like to make everything difficult to do for customer but I would like to make a official complaint! When I paid my phone bill 2 weeks ago it had registered my payment but had complaetely stopped me from being able to use my phone I could not make calls texts or use internet I took this to car phone warehouse where they could not figure it out I bought a new sim and activated it yet still could not use my phone it was difficult to get this sorted as live chat could not help with this and the contract is in my partners name but I pay for the phone bill every month and we both work full time so found it difficult to get in contact as again ID like to make this difficult I had paid my phone bill and had not been able to use the service I had paid for my it was last resort my partner decided to message on twitter and we finally got a reply and they said they had switches my outgoing bar back on which I don’t understand because I had not done anything for anything on my phone or account to have changed by me so this was an error made by ID this caused so much stress and I was unable to make contact when far away from my home and rely on public transport this was a terrible experience for me 

icon

Best answer by Jayy Beth Faulkner 20 June 2022, 18:55

View original

17 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Sorry to hear about your difficulties with iD Mobile.

Easiest way to make your complaint is to use Live Chat, facebook or Twitter.

Tell the iD agent you are making a complaint and ask for the complaint reference number.

Badge

The live chat doesn’t work it doesn’t let me go on it and I don’t use Facebook or Twitter my partner does but it is me logging the complaint 

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

I’ve just tried live chat on my Windows 10 laptop using Google Chrome to access https://idmobile.co.uk/live-chat, and I got the following:

You can also make a complaint by calling iD Mobile.

Call iD on 0800 049 2402 and provide the following information in a voicemail:

• Your full name
  • Your iD mobile number
  • Details of your complaint
  • What you would like us to do to put things right
  • The best number for us to call you back on
  • Please remember to press # at the end of your message

Do not leave any credit or debit card information in your message.

Allow 5 days for iD to contact you before contacting them again.
If it will take longer than 5 days to resolve, iD still contact you within that time to keep you informed of progress.

Make sure you get a reference number - anyway, good luck.

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

HI I have no idea how to log a complaint as ID like to make everything difficult to do for customer but I would like to make a official complaint! When I paid my phone bill 2 weeks ago it had registered my payment but had complaetely stopped me from being able to use my phone I could not make calls texts or use internet I took this to car phone warehouse where they could not figure it out I bought a new sim and activated it yet still could not use my phone it was difficult to get this sorted as live chat could not help with this and the contract is in my partners name but I pay for the phone bill every month and we both work full time so found it difficult to get in contact as again ID like to make this difficult I had paid my phone bill and had not been able to use the service I had paid for my it was last resort my partner decided to message on twitter and we finally got a reply and they said they had switches my outgoing bar back on which I don’t understand because I had not done anything for anything on my phone or account to have changed by me so this was an error made by ID this caused so much stress and I was unable to make contact when far away from my home and rely on public transport this was a terrible experience for me 

Everything you need to know about raising a complaint can be found here:

https://www.idmobile.co.uk/help-and-advice/complaints-procedure

Badge

Badge

That is all I get wh n I try to go on the chat and the link that was just sent 

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Okay @Jayy Beth Faulkner,

Just another example of how frustrating getting support can be at times.

If you’ve logged-in to this forum with your iD Community account, and used the Remember Me option, when you try using live chat, this message appears.

You’ve got to be logged-out of your iD Community account in order to use live chat in the same web browser.

Log out of the iD Community forum and stay logged out while you access live chat.

Otherwise use a web browser on a different device (tablet, iPad, laptop) and visit https://idmobile.co.uk/live-chat.

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Jayy Beth Faulkner 

I’m sorry you’ve had this experience and understand if you’d like to make a complaint (which you can do by following the link kindly provided by @WelshPaul).

However, this sounds to me like a simple fix! If you can contact us on iD Mobile Live Chat, our Facebook page or the Twitter page we can take a look into the account and lift any bars that remain on the account as long as bills have indeed been paid!

Tom

Badge

It hasnt resolved my issue because I can’t do any of the above I can’t follow the link it doesn’t allow me can you please just log my complaint through here it’s becoming beyond a joke I would like my original complaint with added notes that it’s ridiculously difficult to actually log a complaint 

Badge

It is not an easy fix as it took my 2 weeks to be able to use my phone and nearly a week and still unable to log a complaint unfortunately to me that is not an easy fix 

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

It is not an easy fix as it took my 2 weeks to be able to use my phone and nearly a week and still unable to log a complaint unfortunately to me that is not an easy fix 

What’s not easy about putting a pen to paper and posting a letter? I’t the best way to raise a complaint!

Raising your complaint online is the quickest way to raise your complaint in writing, but you can also post your complaint to, iD Mobile Ltd, PO Box 686, Salford M5 0PA

Please include the following information in your letter:

• Your full name
  • Your billing address with postcode
  • Your iD Mobile number
  • You'll also need to include the name of the bank you have your iD Direct Debit with (or your date of birth or the email address you have registered with iD.)
  • Full details of your complaint
  • What you would like us to do to put things right

This information is to help us locate your account and ensure we're speaking to the right person.

We will aim to post a response to your complaint with a resolution within 7 days. Please allow time for postage. If it will take longer than 7 days to resolve, we will still contact you within that time to keep your informed of progress. This may be by call so that we can get things sorted quickly for you but do let us know if you'd prefer us not to call you.

Badge

I did not see this thanks I will send it via post 

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Not wishing to spoil the party, but last time I posted a letter of complaint, the company denied receiving it.

If you’re still an iD customer, call 7777 from your handset and use the thinking-of-leaving-iD option.
You’ll get through to a real person.
🤞

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

Which is why one should always send it signed for, or special delivery. One should also keep a copy of the letter and proof of postage in case you need to escalate your complaint at a later date or obtain a deadlock letter.

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Indeed so - used the Royal Mail signed for service, but on this occasion company was in denial mode.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@Jayy Beth Faulkner,

We are sorry to hear about the issues you have experienced.

If you would like us to look into your complaint here via Private Message, please let us know and we will get a message sent to you.

Thanks,

Kashif

Why iD Mobile?