Question

Massively Overcharged

• 17 March 2021
  • 4 replies

I’ve been overcharged by £40 on my recent bill. I checked my invoice to see why and there’s is nothing saying why I’ve been overcharged. I get unlimited minutes texts and data. Where’s my money gone?

This topic has been closed for comments

4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Hi @danpyle 

Sorry to hear this has happened.

Going over your monthly allowance of data, minutes and texts is one of the most common reasons for unexpectedly high bills. Luckily, you can keep tabs on your remaining allowances by checking the iD Mobile App and My Account online.

We suggest setting up a Bill Cap to prevent you from spending more than you wish to, this can be as low as £0 but we always recommend a minimum of a £2 cap for any emergency calls/texts/data you may need to make.

You may also be charged extra for purchasing an Add-On (for extra minutes or data) or making calls or sending texts to premium rate numbers (charities, TV competitions/voting).

You can find a list of all potential extra charges here 

Link: https://community.idmobile.co.uk/capping-50/bill-capping-all-you-need-to-know-29114

@Mohsin Please can you look into this for Dan. Thanks :relaxed:

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @danpyle,

If the charges are on your unbilled usage, then this won’t show until the next bill, but the iD app/account will show this.

If however, it’s on your latest bill, you’ll be able to scroll down to the next few pages which give a full breakdown of the usage and what the charges are for.

Have you tried viewing the pages and seen what this shows?

Mohammed

EDIT: we’ve moved your topic to the Bills, allowances & charges section of the Community.

I already said that I checked and there is nothing listed as to why I have been over charged and I already told you I get unlimited texts minutes and data. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Hi @danpyle 

We will send you a Private Message so we can look into this. To view the message sent.  Simply click on your profile icon in the top right, then go to your private messages.

-Mohsin

Why iD Mobile?