Solved

missed payment nightmare

• 29 October 2020
  • 12 replies

Userlevel 1

I have been so unfairly treated by ID mobile. My problems stated in March I tried to cancel my account with you 1st via the phone lines but couldn’t get through to anyone due to them being closed due to Covid I then attempted the online chat which at first couldn’t get through but after repeatedly trying I did I then advised I wanted to close the account so I presumed this had been done and everything sorted. I couldn’t use the I’d app due to my son (he’s 13)losing the phone months earlier as you can probably see From the account record the phone hadn’t been in use for some months and not knowing the password. I tried to reset the password for the app but the reset link kept going to the number we hadn’t got. I then received a bill from CARS which I immediately paid then a few days later another one for a number I didn’t recognise on both times I tried the phone lines and the online chat. After no success I eventually found an email address to contact you after searching they found out the other number was 1 my mom had previously used which I had no knowledge of paying but I again paid CARS. Because I’d paid these amounts and had previously asked for the contract to be terminated I thought everything regarding this was sorted. I then noticed that there we’re missed payments on my credit file but I hadnt received nothing to say any other payments were owed apparently they went to the phone I hadn’t got this isn’t adequate why didn’t you inform me via letter or email??? I then again emailed ID mobile  to be told to use the app to pay which I couldn’t because I couldn’t get access to it after lots of emails I was then emailed a telephone number to make payment on the 18th September and did so on this date. This £5 sim only has caused me so much stress since March because I could not contact anyone who could help me and sort out the problems I have faced. I have a mortgage application going through at the moment for our dream family home and with these missed payments on my file i fear it will not be authorised and this is causing my whole family considerable stress and upset. I have never missed a payment for anything and previous to this had a perfect credit score. I understand why ID mobile had to close there contact centres  but ID mobile should have arranged a more effective way of customers being able to sort out issues and problems and also followed through on customer requests or at the very least contact customers effectively to let them know payments are owed. Please can you take all of the missed payments off my account and show some customer care because I feel as I have been really treated unfairly and not informed of payments owed and let this nightmare be over for us all. 

Many thanks 

icon

Best answer by Rory 1 November 2020, 13:26

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

12 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

Hi @Nickip11, I’m really sorry to hear about this. Sounds like it’s been a bit of a nightmare, in truth, and we’d like to get this disconnected for you and have those late marks removed by our Credit File Team. 

I’ve just dropped you a private message, so please take a look at your inbox and get back to us at your earliest convenience.

Thank you,

Rory

Hi Rory, I am having the same problem! I'm a current customer. I tried to upgrade my phone contract in May, I accidentally opened a new account. When I found out I'd opened a new account, I created a new login for the app and terminated my other account. I have always paid by direct debit. It was only when I saw my credit file being affected that I realised there was an £8 payment remaining! I was not notified of this and had absolutely no idea. Like the OP, I'd tried to call ID on several occasions and had been unsuccessful. Perhaps if I'd spoken to a human, they would have informed me of the outstanding payment which I would have gladly paid immediately!!! My current account with ID is paid by direct debit and I have a perfect record. I am looking to buy my first house and am so upset and scared that this will prevent me from doing so, I'm losing sleep. Please could you help me rectify this situation? Loyal customer. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @Re_tommo,

We’ll send you a PM so we can look into this further and find out what’s happened.

Mohammed

Hi there, 

I believe I was the victim of the same issue, except I hadn't noticed until reviewing my credit report and seeing 3 missed payments under sim I briefly opened and then cancelled in 2018.

I had a direct debit in place so wouldn't have missed a payment but shortly after opening I decided to close my account. It appears that I may not have been made aware of outstanding payments and was never contacted regarding any late payment as my account was closed. 

Please can someone help me dispute this. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @Rowboat95,

We’ve already PMed you regarding this.

Please check this and get back to us.

Mohammed

I have been so unfairly treated by ID mobile. My problems stated in March I tried to cancel my account with you 1st via the phone lines but couldn’t get through to anyone due to them being closed due to Covid I then attempted the online chat which at first couldn’t get through but after repeatedly trying I did I then advised I wanted to close the account so I presumed this had been done and everything sorted. I couldn’t use the I’d app due to my son (he’s 13)losing the phone months earlier as you can probably see From the account record the phone hadn’t been in use for some months and not knowing the password. I tried to reset the password for the app but the reset link kept going to the number we hadn’t got. I then received a bill from CARS which I immediately paid then a few days later another one for a number I didn’t recognise on both times I tried the phone lines and the online chat. After no success I eventually found an email address to contact you after searching they found out the other number was 1 my mom had previously used which I had no knowledge of paying but I again paid CARS. Because I’d paid these amounts and had previously asked for the contract to be terminated I thought everything regarding this was sorted. I then noticed that there we’re missed payments on my credit file but I hadnt received nothing to say any other payments were owed apparently they went to the phone I hadn’t got this isn’t adequate why didn’t you inform me via letter or email??? I then again emailed ID mobile  to be told to use the app to pay which I couldn’t because I couldn’t get access to it after lots of emails I was then emailed a telephone number to make payment on the 18th September and did so on this date. This £5 sim only has caused me so much stress since March because I could not contact anyone who could help me and sort out the problems I have faced. I have a mortgage application going through at the moment for our dream family home and with these missed payments on my file i fear it will not be authorised and this is causing my whole family considerable stress and upset. I have never missed a payment for anything and previous to this had a perfect credit score. I understand why ID mobile had to close there contact centres  but ID mobile should have arranged a more effective way of customers being able to sort out issues and problems and also followed through on customer requests or at the very least contact customers effectively to let them know payments are owed. Please can you take all of the missed payments off my account and show some customer care because I feel as I have been really treated unfairly and not informed of payments owed and let this nightmare be over for us all. 

Many thanks 

The exact happended to me.  No service for months and tried cancelling but could not get through.  i have paid the unused bill as requested by ID Mobile BUT I ALSO HAVE THESE UNPAID REFERENCES ON MY CREDIT FILE.  Can you please remove these from my file, seems like a usual thing ID mobile do….

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @Craig Buxton,

When did this take place sorry? How was it you went about contacting us and attempting to cancel?

Will

hI @Will   THIS TOOK PLACE JUST RECENTLY AND TO STOP THE AWFUL THREATS FROM ID I PAID THE £20 ASKED BUT MY CREDIT FILE HAS BEEN AFFECTED AND NEEDS CORRECTING.  MY WIFES PHONE STOPPED WORKING, OR SHOULD I SAY THERE WAS AN ISSUE WITH ID MOBILE SIM / CONNECTION AS I SWAPPED THE SIM FOR A GIFFGAFF AND IT WORKED STRAIGHT AWAY PERFECTLY WITHOUT FAIL.  THEN ID MOBILE CONTACTED ME TO ADVISE I OWED MONEY..  I HAVE BEEN WITH ID MOBILE FOR OVER 18 MONTHS, THE CONTRACT TAKEN THROUGH CAR PHONE WAREHOUSE WAS 12 MONTHS. BUT THE SIM / NETWORK STOPPED WORKING AND I COULD NOT MAKE CONTACT WITH ID MOBILE AS THE NUMBERS THEY PROVIDED IN A THREATENIG LETTER TOOK ME THROUGH TO CAR PHONE WAREHOUSE.  TERRIBLE SERVICE ALL AROUND AND WONT STOP TALKING ABOUT IT EVERYWHERE UNTIL IT IS RESOLVED...

ID are literally a terrible network. Just get off them and don’t look back. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Craig Buxton,

I’m sorry to hear that. Have you been able to get through to anybody for assistance?

We can help here if you would like. Please let us know.

Thanks,

Kash

HI CASH,

THE CONTACT I MADE WASNT MET WITH A POSITIVE RESULT, THE CONTACT RECEIVED WAS FROM A DEBT COLLECTING AGENCY ASKING FOR MONEY FOR THE PERIOD OF NO SERVICE, .   

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

Hi @Craig Buxton 

We’ll need to take a look at your account so that we can take a look into what has happened.

We’ll send you a private message on here so that we can verify your details. 

To view the message sent.  Simply click on your profile icon in the top right, then go to your private messages. 

Michelle 

iD Mobile 

Why iD Mobile?