Solved

Missed payments of £2 on my credit file - how do I remove it?

Hi 

i got £2 missed payment on my credit file. I cancelled my account in March and ID cancelled my access to app and didn’t send me final bill or outstanding bill or anything and all of of sudden in June I notice 3 missed payments report on my credit score . I have paid £2 now but my mortgage application has been refused now. This is so bad. They didn’t send me any bill or anything and without notification put missed payments on my credit score.how do I remove it now 

icon

Best answer by Rory 31 October 2020, 11:30

View original

28 replies

i got £2 missed payment on my credit file. I cancelled my account in March and ID cancelled my access to app and didn’t send me final bill or outstanding bill or anything and all of of sudden in June I notice 3 missed payments report on my credit score . I have paid £2 now but my mortgage application has been refused now. This is so bad. I really want to remove that from my credit file. This is unacce

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Hi there @szam99 

At this point we wouldn’t be able to remove it under the basis of you not having paid it, as it would be your own responsibility to check if any final bill was owed after disconnecting.

You’d have had access to your bills and account history as normal through the iD Mobile App or our website for up to 6 months after disconnecting.

You may be able to speak to whichever company took on any outstanding debt to question the efforts they took to notify you of the outstanding balance, though whether they can help further at all would be down to them.

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @szam99,

I have moved 3 of your posts onto this one thread so that we can keep your query in one place.

Regards,
Ryan

Userlevel 1

i got £2 missed payment on my credit file. I cancelled my account in March and ID cancelled my access to app and didn’t send me final bill or outstanding bill or anything and all of of sudden in June I notice 3 missed payments report on my credit score . I have paid £2 now but my mortgage application has been refused now. This is so bad. I really want to remove that from my credit file. This is unacce

Exactly the same thing has happened to me ID mobile show no empathy for customers what so ever. Even when they fail to send customers appropriate billing information. Was this issue sorted for you ????

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

Hi @Nickip11, if you missed a payment, we wouldn’t be able to remove this from your credit file as we have a legal obligation to accurately record this. We offer a Direct Debit service to ensure payments are taken automatically; if you choose not to use this, then any payments would need to be made manually on your side.

Thank you,

Rory

Exactly the same thing has happened to me ID mobile show no empathy for customers what so ever. Even when they fail to send customers appropriate billing information. Was this issue sorted for you ????

same with me, had direct debit set up, had final bill, final bill left, cancelled direct debit as advised didn’t have a clue until trying to get a mortgage this month and my credit rating bad, they have my email, mobile number and address and nothing all over 5 pound, still getting no where with it pretty poor and damaging for my family over 5 pound and no attempt to contact me over it!

same with me, had direct debit set up, had final bill, final bill left, cancelled direct debit as advised didn’t have a clue until trying to get a mortgage this month and my credit rating bad, they have my email, mobile number and address and nothing all over 5 pound, still getting no where with it pretty poor and damaging for my family over 5 pound and no attempt to contact me over it!

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @Pards88,

We’ll send you a PM so we can discuss this further. We’ll need to look at the account, what was advised etc.

But if this was recorded correctly, we cannot remove this.

If due to missadvice, it was incorrectly applied, we can look into this further.

Mohammed

Hi there I have found I have the exact same issue under the same circumstances, I had a direct debit in place, cancelled my account and was given no notice at all of any outstanding or missed payments. 

Only noticing now having seen 3 missed payments on credit report.

I would like some help to dispute this. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @Rowboat95,

We’ll PM you so we can look into this further.

Mohammed

I’ve had this exact issue too. I owed £3.19 but had no correspondence to tell me I owed this after I left so how would I know?! It’s incredibly damaging to your credit score and there’s no number to ring to discuss this or anything. So annoying. I need this sorting. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @Lucyalice17,

I’m sorry to hear that.

We’ll send you a PM so we can investigate this further for you.

Mohammed

Hello @Pards88,

We’ll send you a PM so we can discuss this further. We’ll need to look at the account, what was advised etc.

But if this was recorded correctly, we cannot remove this.

If due to missadvice, it was incorrectly applied, we can look into this further.

Mohammed

i need to speak to someone in customer services about an old account i had for my son. Missed payments are now on my credit file affecting my mortgage application. I cancelled his contract & direct debit but kept getting calls saying it was to be paid, i obviously paid but its still there.......4 of them! How do i go about removing this from my credit file?

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @Richard St. John-Ward,

We’ll shortly send you a Private Message to your Community account, so we can discuss your issue further.

To access your messages, click your profile picture in the top right hand corner and then click ‘Private Messages’.

Alternatively, if you are currently logged in, you can use the following link: https://community.idmobile.co.uk/inbox/overview

We’ll see you there.

Will

Hi - I am having the exact same problem. A random bill generated for £1.61 way after my final payment for the account was made.. no notification of the bill at all, and when logging into my account, the bill for £1.61 is completely without context as to what service the amount is even for! Now there’s a missed payment on my account and a bad credit rating, all for something I didn’t even know I owed? Completely unfair!! @Will @Mohammed please help? 

How can you honestly get away with charging people out of the blue, not notifying them properly, then wrecking their credit scores when they don’t pay something they never even knew they owed? This ruins people’s lives! Further, if iD actually notified people of these charges then maybe they wouldn’t get to the point of being missed, as people would actually pay them! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hey @brandgc35,

I’ve just replied to your other message and have sent you a PM. Please check this and we’ll assist further.

Mohammed

I’m now in the same situation , can someone please advice what to do, I’ve called the online service to pay this put it has already destroyed my credit score which has disabled me buying my new home !!!

I’ve had no emailed or post to the account address telling me I owed money when I cancelled in December after my contract term had ended .

my email is 

REMOVED I would like to no how to remove this and even no if it’s resolved , I carnt get into my I’d mobile account because of this apparent late payment 

id I don’t hear anything Iin the next few days I’ll be taking this further to trading standards 

i

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

MoI’m now in the same situation , can someone please advice what to do, I’ve called the online service to pay this put it has already destroyed my credit score which has disabled me buying my new home !!!

I’ve had no emailed or post to the account address telling me I owed money when I cancelled in December after my contract term had ended .

my email is 

jxcxcxbx1x9x@gmail.com I would like to no how to remove this and even no if it’s resolved , I carnt get into my I’d mobile account because of this apparent late payment 

id I don’t hear anything Iin the next few days I’ll be taking this further to trading standards 

Okay @Jack Cobb, whether you stand a reasonable chance of getting this removed or not, really boils down to how you cancelled your iD plan.

Can you remember how you informed iD Mobile you wanted to cancel your contract?

Hi I am in the same situation no help from anyone on IDmobile team.

I had 2 mortgage lender pull out and it is ruin my life, they keep promising they will sort it out but they did not.

I had an extra sim which I didn’t use almost for 11 months, the contract was 24 months I paid everything smoothly DD, on the 11 month I want to Carphonewherehouse in Brixton Curry to let them know that the contract is about to finish I like to stop the contract when the 24 months end, they chat with IDMobile and told me it is all on recored to stop my direct debit from next month. Which I did as the advice comes from the manager at the time. I go there to buy phones all the time, I do not have a problem of paying £20 a month. i had 2 contract I never have a problem paying what i singed up for. I own few properties I have no financial difficulties and I am here held by £87 debit due to their own fault, which I paid immediately when I found out they send it to debt collector after missing 3 payments.

There was so many mistake made with this, to start with they have  been informed I don’t use the phone and I have kept my end to pay what I singed up for, 2nd, no organisation will put your credit at risk like this for few payments missed without informing you properly, I only had 1 letter on my return from long holiday. 3rd and main, when I found out I paid it to clear the date yet it shows on my credit since 17th May 2022 till not NOT PAID. from having amazing credit score I am now below average credit rating for only £87 which was paid, the least they can do is show it is settled - the word SETTLED or paid will solve a problems. Right now I don’t know what to do, I can not get them to sort this out, I made an offer for 2 property, the only thing holding my mortgage is paid £87  

How can they get away with such big data ruining?

I have complaint logged in long time ago, May 2022 I was told and have evidence that they will sort this out within 28 days, after that we have talked to several complaint team, they keep giving me empty promises. Right now they have ruiined my job, my credit and my future for a simple mistake they made, and refused to correct.

I would like to sue them with group of people who have been penalised by them. Consumers get away with so many things but this is very big deal, credit report and credit score are the lifeline of good people like us.

I am not sure where to go from here??? my email is - REMOVED

if anyone have any idea how I can get them to clear my credit, I will appreciate it very much. Thank you for sharing

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

I have complaint logged in long time ago, May 2022 I was told and have evidence that they will sort this out within 28 days, after that we have talked to several complaint team, they keep giving me empty promises. Right now they have ruiined my job, my credit and my future for a simple mistake they made, and refused to correct.

I would like to sue them with group of people who have been penalised by them. Consumers get away with so many things but this is very big deal, credit report and credit score are the lifeline of good people like us.

I am not sure where to go from here??? my email is - fiyoribelay1@gmail.com

if anyone have any idea how I can get them to clear my credit, I will appreciate it very much. Thank you for sharing

Okay @Fiori, posting your email address in this public forum could result in people spamming you. Anyone with Internet access can read any forum posts.

Have you spoken to the CAB (Citizens Advice Bureau)?

Have you spoken to the credit reference agency that iD use?

iD have a duty to tell their credit reference agency of any missed payments on your iD account, but now you’ve paid the debt, speak to the agency and see if anything can be done.

Good luck @Fiori - hope you find a solution.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

I had 2 mortgage lender pull out and it is ruin my life, they keep promising they will sort it out but they did not.

I had an extra sim which I didn’t use almost for 11 months, the contract was 24 months I paid everything smoothly DD, on the 11 month I want to Carphonewherehouse in Brixton Curry to let them know that the contract is about to finish I like to stop the contract when the 24 months end, they chat with IDMobile and told me it is all on recored to stop my direct debit from next month. Which I did as the advice comes from the manager at the time. I go there to buy phones all the time, I do not have a problem of paying £20 a month. i had 2 contract I never have a problem paying what i singed up for. I own few properties I have no financial difficulties and I am here held by £87 debit due to their own fault, which I paid immediately when I found out they send it to debt collector after missing 3 payments.

There was so many mistake made with this, to start with they have  been informed I don’t use the phone and I have kept my end to pay what I singed up for, 2nd, no organisation will put your credit at risk like this for few payments missed without informing you properly, I only had 1 letter on my return from long holiday. 3rd and main, when I found out I paid it to clear the date yet it shows on my credit since 17th May 2022 till not NOT PAID. from having amazing credit score I am now below average credit rating for only £87 which was paid, the least they can do is show it is settled - the word SETTLED or paid will solve a problems. Right now I don’t know what to do, I can not get them to sort this out, I made an offer for 2 property, the only thing holding my mortgage is paid £87  

How can they get away with such big data ruining?

I am not sure where to go from here??? my email is - REMOVED

Hello @Fiori,

I’ve removed your email from the post.

We can’t look into anything publicly as we will need to take some details.

We’ll shortly send you a Private Message to your Community account, so we can discuss your issue further.

To access your messages, click your profile picture in the top right hand corner and then click ‘Private Messages’.

Alternatively, if you are currently logged in, you can use the following link: https://community.idmobile.co.uk/inbox/overview

We’ll see you there.

Mohammed

I don’t want it to be private message, I want others to know what I am going through. IDmobile do not help anyone, a situation like me is time sensitive.

I say no one ever should buy IDmobile or deal with carphonewherehouse 

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Fiori,

In order to look into this we would need you to PM us.

Without a PM we are unable to take a look into your account and investigate further.

Kash

Userlevel 1

I have the same problem. I found out through my credit report that I had 3 missing payments all for £4 when the account was closed down 3 months prior to my report updating.

i contacted their support centre for ID mobile and i was told that they could do absolutely nothing for me. 

i never received any letters, emails about the “missed payment”. I was however informed that I received a text on the number 2 days before it’s final disconnection - which I obviously was not going to have seen. After that and for the remaining 2 months, I received no further contact telling me a payment was required.

i think it is so unfair and unjust for ID mobile to be damning peoples credit reports without contacting them first to ask them for payment. they go straight to putting a black mark against your name for their failures.

im very upset with my experience and I really hope you this threat diverts people away from your unjust system. 

im not angry with any of your staff but I do think that whoever moderates this page is aware they work for a unfair and biased company.

i hope you get stuck in traffic on the way home.

The customer service for IDmobile are outsource completely nothing to do with ID. They are like robot who repts the same information again and again, credit recored is something very serious, it is a lifeline of my business, the company is simpler to Ryanair cheap and easy to open but once things go wrong you are on your own.

my experience with them for the last 6 months are unheard. To start with they should not refer people for 2 miss payment to credit recored, it can be communication failed like we had, I did everything my 24 months contract said, I kept my deal, but their staff members failed to do the job properly put me in this situation. I can not imagine anyone for £4 will damage their credibility if they inform one properly.

I was abroad for 3 months but before that I want in person to Brixton Currys shop SW9 where I buy phone (never in credit) informed them I am finishing the sim I never used for 11 months of the 24 months but I paid without a fail for 24 months to stop the contract at the end of the contract, I been told to give one month notice, which i did immediately before I want end of December. then end Feb I found debt collector letter for 2 miss payment I called them they said I didn’t stop the contract etc… I then paid the balance and the extra charges which came to 87 to find out through my mortgage broker that my excellent credit showing fair…. I made an offers for property under £9000.000 which is in a question because of this…. the whole system is crazy - I have several property with big lone on them, I have excellent payment history, the bank don’t care anymore about that, they penalising me for £87. Which I paid 6 months before. Never mind it wasn’t my fault, but even after I paid and called 100 times to customer care to change the states from unpaid to settled not sorted out as yet. 

I am now in a limbo if I am going to buy those property I made an offer on? I think we all should get together sue them like the Post office case

Why iD Mobile?