Question

money taken days before direct debit date

• 16 February 2022
  • 2 replies

The last 6 months, my ID payments have come out of my bank on 24th (4 times) and 22nd (twice) 

I just logged in to my account to change the DD date to 25th to align with my payday but it says my DD date is 26th. So why are my payments being taken early? And how can I amend the date so the payment comes out of my bank on 25th? Or after 25th. 

This topic has been closed for comments

2 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Sounds bad - no way should a direct debit payment be taken before the due.

If the due date is a weekend day or a bank holiday, the payment should be taken on the next working day after the due date - never before the due date.

Do you still have your “Welcome to iD. Let’s get started.” email from iD Mobile?

This email has the monthly bill date in it - the default date for your direct debit is 14 days after the monthly bill date.

DD payments should never be taken early.

Anyway, good luck.

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

Hi @Lemur14, as @andewhite says, Direct Debit payments are sometimes taken late, but should never be taken early, so this is peculiar. 

We’ll shortly send you a Private Message to your Community account so we can discuss your issue further. To access your messages, click your profile picture in the top right hand corner and then click ‘Private Messages’. Alternatively, if you are currently logged in, you can use the following link: https://community.idmobile.co.uk/inbox/overview

We’ll see you there.

Thank you,

Rory

Why iD Mobile?