Question

monthly payments increased

• 4 January 2021
  • 5 replies

I was paying £3.99 per month. Without any warning my charges have been increased to £8.49 per month. Why?

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @enkayone,

Sorry to hear that.

We wouldn’t just put up the payments each month without first notifying you.

It sounds like this is an isolated incident for a specific bill.

Have you tried viewing the bill in the app/account?

All of our bills are produced as PDFs and you can view the itemised billing on the other pages.

This will also highlight all charges on the 1st page.

Have you changed your Direct Debit date at all or plan recently?

Mohammed

Hello Mohammed,

Thank you for your reply.  Both my wife and I have tried phoning I.D. Moblie many many times. All to no avail.

My wife decided I should have a mobile phone so that in the event of an emergency I could contact her. I am 88 years old and am not exactly computer literate. Hence, I do not understand how one goes about viewing on the app/account. Neither do I understand what is meant by PDF itemised billing etc.

No! I have NOT changed my Direct Debit date or plan? 

As and when my wife first decided to get me a mobile phone she went to the Carphone Warehouse here in Malvern, Worcestershire, where I live. It was there that, should I need advice, I went.  Needless to mention this branch has since ceased trading.

It will be noticed I rarely use the mobile phone.  I would therefore appreciate your looking into this matter and perhaps advise me as to how I can apply for a refund.

Many thanks!

1. Kenward 

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Hi @enkayone 

We are sorry to hear that you have been charged more, even though you have not changed or upgraded your plan. We will send you a Private Message so we can look into why your bill has changed.

-Mohsin 

I was paying £36.99 per month. It have been increased to £37.50 per month. Why?

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @Jahidahmed1993,

When you view your bill online, do you see any extra charges specified? If not, this is likely due to RPI increases. We informed all affected customers regarding this small increase and you can find out more here: https://www.idmobile.co.uk/help-and-advice/retail-price-index

Ryan

Why iD Mobile?