Question

NHS unlimited data

• 11 June 2020
  • 6 replies

I have activated unlimited data using my NHS email, since then I have had 2 messages saying I’ve used 100% of my data and I’ll now be charged £10.24 for every 100mb used. On my normal plan there is a £5.00 cap so I don’t understand how I can be charged for every 100mb used? 

6 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

Hi @Vicb 

Welcome to the iD Community.

Please contact our Live Chat team who can look into your account for you.

They’re available between 9am - 8pm Monday to Friday and 9am - 6pm Saturday and Sunday.

Once you land on this page, scroll down to see the Live Chat section. 

The Live Chat button may not always appear as ‘available’. If so, it may be a matter of waiting, until an agent is available, so please be patient.

Once the agent is available the button appears blue, indicating that an agent is available.

No need to refresh the page, this will happen automatically.

Let us know how you get on.

Thanks,

Pearl

I had the same and contacted support who told me it was on my account and I could ignore the messages.  Still worrying to get them in the first place.

I have just experienced the same issue. Is it necessary for me to now contact the support team to be reassured that I am not going to inadvertently receive a massive bill?? 

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi all,

The way how the unlimited add-ons work may be causing this message to appear. Your ordinary allowances (the one you originally purchased with the contract) are used first and then once the allowance has been used up the unlimited allowance then kicks into play. If you check your account and it does indeed show unlimited allowances then you should be fine.

If you see anything to the contrary to what has been explained above then please contact us as per @Pearl_c6’s advice.

Ryan

I received a text message  on the 6th of October informing me that I had the NHS unlimited offer until 1st of november. This morning I have received a text saying I have used all my data. How can I have in 6 days? Surely if I had unlimited data it would be free of charge until the offer ended

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @Helen Oakes,

Once the unlimited data add-on expires, your normal allowances would kick in.

If you received a text on the 7th advising data had been used and the add-on expired on the 1st. This would be 6 full days of usage. We’re struggling to understand the query here?

Mohammed

Why iD Mobile?