Solved

Not receiving Santander OTPs - No issue with other text messages

• 21 January 2019
  • 7 replies

Hello All,

I recently changed to ID mobile and since changing I've been trying to make payments through my bank and I've not been receiving the OTPs.

I've called up Santander and ran through a list of trying to get it to work with no avail. Finally they said the fault must lie with the network provider.

Has anybody else had issues with Santander OTPs on ID?
icon

Best answer by Lewis93382 23 January 2019, 12:23

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10
Hey @Lewis93382,

Sorry to hear you're having issues with.

I'm not with Santander but I believe these are automated messages being sent or are they texts which you need to reply to in order to approve the payment?

Have you tried removing the number Santander have stored on their system/changing it, then re-adding/changing it back?

This may reset the number they have stored and allow these texts to start coming through again.

Could you provide a bit more information on what these texts are?

Mohammed
Userlevel 6
Badge +10
Hi @Lewis93382,

Hmmm, you may need to contact Santander over the phone to have this done instead.

Also, which phone are you using? If it is an iPhone, can you temporarily turn off iMessage and then have a OTP message sent to the phone to see if this helps? If not, and you are using an iPhone, reset your network settings within the Settings > General > Reset section of your phone. Please Note: This will remove your saved WiFi passwords.

Let me know how it goes.

Ryan
Userlevel 6
Badge +10
Hi @Lewis93382,

There may have been something in the back end that was causing the issue, but I am glad to see that this has started working now.

Ryan
Hey @Lewis93382,

I'm not with Santander but I believe these are automated messages being sent or are they texts which you need to reply to in order to approve the payment?

Have you tried removing the number Santander have stored on their system/changing it, then re-adding/changing it back?

This may reset the number they have stored and allow these texts to start coming through again.

Mohammed

Cheers Mohammed, I'll give this a try shortly.

They're "push messages" with one time passcodes required to authorise a transaction.

Hey @Lewis93382,

Mohammed
Cheers Mohammed, I'll give this a try shortly.

They're "push messages" with one time passcodes required to authorise a transaction.

Unfortunately I can't change the phone number assigned to my account without confirming it with a OTP code...
Hi @Lewis93382,

Hmmm, you may need to contact Santander over the phone to have this done instead.

Also, which phone are you using? If it is an iPhone, can you temporarily turn off iMessage and then have a OTP message sent to the phone to see if this helps? If not, and you are using an iPhone, reset your network settings within the Settings > General > Reset section of your phone. Please Note: This will remove your saved WiFi passwords.

Let me know how it goes.

Ryan

Hey Ryan,

I've got an LG V30. It doesn't seem to have a similar feature, however I have rebooted the phone and disabled and reenabled networks. I have received texts from all of my other banks without an issue.

I can contact Santander to have the phone number switched to my girlfriends but obviously this is not desirable for the long term.

I've spoken with ID support who have logged a technical support ticket and told me they'll text me updates. Let's hope I can receive those!

Lewis.
Well, I raised an issue with ID Support whom escalated it with engineering or something and it's now working. They did say they'd text me updates and haven't received anything from them so whether they did anything or whether it just started working.. who knows.

But yeah, looks like the answer is calling / talking to support.

Why iD Mobile?