Question

OTPs not coming through (Natwest/Santander/Barclays etc.)

Received porting was successful at the start of the week but I'm not receiving OTP messages from most (but not all) of my banks - any idea whats going on here?

From what I can see from previous community posts it either just magically works one day or a ring to support can make things come back to life again. Anyone able to put me in the right direction? 

22 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @Mhuk,

Sorry to hear that.

I’ve sent you a PM with how you can get in touch so we can look into this further.

Mohammed

I can’t get one time passcodes from my online banking. 

also I am unable to withhold my number when making calls I need this facility for the nature of work I do. 

Hi I’m having this issue too

no OTPs coming through

please can you PM me I need this sorted ASAP please

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

I can’t get one time passcodes from my online banking. 

also I am unable to withhold my number when making calls I need this facility for the nature of work I do. 

Hello @Diana22  have you tried to withhold your number from the Dialler/Phone settings?

What happens?

And to both you and 

Hi I’m having this issue too

no OTPs coming through

please can you PM me I need this sorted ASAP please

Have you checked with whomever it is you’re trying to receive the OTP messages from if the number is correct on their systems?

Mohammed

Hi, I am having the same problem. 

I am trying to do a transaction with a car insurance company and can’t get my Santander OTP through my phone. I called Santander but they said that the problem is not within Santander and I suspect it is from iD mobile.

Please help, ASAP.

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @ib97,

Have you tested to see if other text messages are being received? Have you tried powering down the handset for 10 minutes?

Will

I will try this right away. I will make the same transaction and if there are still any problems I'll text back.

Thank you very much. 

I'm still having the same issue. I am still not recieving the OTP. 

There is nothing wrong with my text message functionalities. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

Sorry to hear this, @ib97. What I’d recommend in this case is contacting the Live Chat team; they’ll be able to raise a Trouble Ticket with the Tech Team so we can look into your specific case. 

They’re available between 9am - 8pm Monday to Friday and 9am - 6pm Saturday and Sunday.

Once you land on the page above, scroll down to see the Live Chat section. 

The Live Chat button may not always appear as ‘available’. If so, it may be a matter of waiting, until an agent is available, so please be patient.

Once the agent is available the button appears blue, indicating that an agent is available.

No need to refresh the page, this will happen automatically.

Let us know how you get on.

Thank you,

Hi ID Mobile,

I have a similar issue. Normal text messages come through fine. OTPs from some providers come through immediately, but OTPs from one bank in particular take over half an hour to arrive. I googled it and found a lot of pages on this site reporting similar problems. Can you help?

David

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @DavidF,

Usually we see issues of the text not coming through at all, so as it is coming through, albeit with a delay, it is strange. Do you have good coverage when you request the OTP from your bank? We would also advise checking with the bank to see why they are delayed and if the issue is potentially on their side.

Ryan

I have the same issue. I receive all txt messages but not OTPs. I have contacted my bank they have run various checks and confirmed the issue is not on their side. They said they can see they have been requested and are not being blocked by them so must be the network. 
I have full coverage when requesting the OTPs. 

Please advise, it is essential I can receive OTPs. 

many thanks 

vicky 

Userlevel 1

Did anyone have any luck with this? Mine don’t work and ID mobile are of no help whatsoever.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Did anyone have any luck with this? Mine don’t work and ID mobile are of no help whatsoever.

Hello @Christiemarin,

We’ve sent you a PM so we can look into this further.

Mohammed

I have the same issue. I receive all txt messages but not OTPs. I have contacted my bank they have run various checks and confirmed the issue is not on their side. They said they can see they have been requested and are not being blocked by them so must be the network. 
I have full coverage when requesting the OTPs. 

Please advise, it is essential I can receive OTPs. 

many thanks 

vicky 

I’ve also sent you a PM @Vicky langrish 

Mohammed

i had this problem from one bank provider only a few months ago. I have not had any problem receiving the OTP on time from other banks. As this bank blamed my network I called my provider. They could only suggest that the bank could be sending their texts  on a 4g network and my phone was not 4g. They suggestedi I changed my phone to show search for 3g/2g only. I tried this and lo and behold the texts started coming through immediately in a few seconds as they  always had done before the problem started.  That was a month ago. Yesterday the same problem resurfaced and now the OTP is coming through too late again. As I never changed anything on my phone it may have just been a coincidence that it improved before, so now I am firmly blaming the bank because I have no problems receiving OTP quickly from two other banks I use and a credit card provider when logging in at the same.

If they cannot fix it I will close the account and use one where the OTP system is working.  I have since seen some dialogues now on another forus blaming the same media provider I use for creating problems with receiving OTPs from banks ? Whoever is causing the problem surely it is upto the banks and the network providers to get their tech teams together to resolve. If it helps anyone else not be fobbed of by a provider telling you the problem is your end and that nobody else has reported the problem, my problem pairing lies with  Natwest and the phone network is Virgin.

Userlevel 1

Please ID. I have EXACTLY the same problem as all the above. I can't receive Otp codes from any banking or medical apps. Getting pretty desparate here and agents I have contacted have either not called back or been unable to help. Please please PM me! 

Userlevel 1

Please can you PM me to help with my problem please. My 1 week old Huawei p30 New edition, is not receiving otp codes. I have spoken to agents and I have been promised support. No fix yet. I see this is a common problem on this forum. Please Please can you help?

if you are not receiving any OTP from several banks then I would imagine it is  something to do with your phone settings. If only one bank I will keep talking to the Bank who say it is not their problem but later it starts to work. When I first had the  problem I went into settings Mobile Networks and changed the network mode to 3g/2g only after reading that the problem could be that if you on 4g network the signal may not be strong ernugh. That worked immediately but it could have been a coincidence and now it works and doesnt work whatever I choose as my settings. At the moment it is working ok after being a problem last week. But then I always received the OTP eventually and you say you never receive at all. If you receive other texts from your banks and it is only a problem with OTP then this might resolve it so worth a try. Very stupid question maybe but I guess you have checked that all your phone contact details are correct in the websited of the providers.

I realised another big problem with OTP this week. I had my phone stolen so shut down the ph no until I got a replacement sim. This meant I was unable to open my account on line until I reactivated my number without contacting the bank. This was a pain as seems all banks using Covid as an excuse to wait hours to speak to anybody.

Sorry could not be more helpful

Userlevel 1

Thanks so much for your help. A whole bunch of updates seem to arrive at once for the phone and it 'magically' started accepting otp codes. Got there in there in the end I suppose. Thanks again 

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Hi there @Tillyjimpy, are all OTP’s working ok now currently?

If not, and you need out help still, then let us know and we’ll send a Private Message here if needed.

My hunch would be that when you spoke to the Live Chat Team they’ll have raised a ticket with our Tech Team to look into your account and fix any issues there. 

I'm having a problem not receiving OTP codes from one particular bank and one chat app in Thailand called line.

I receive OTP codes from some banks and organisations but not all. Please can someone advise a solution or ID Mobile contact me to resolve. Thank you. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @ian5708,

If you’re receiving from some but not all, it may be that the ones in question have the wrong number down for you. Have you contacted them to check this?

Will

Why iD Mobile?