Question

Outgoing e-mails marked as "Not delivered"

• 25 February 2022
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi there.

I have just joined ID-mobile, received my new SIM card and successfully ported my old number across to my iPhone 6.  I can make and receive phone calls and receive text messages but whenever I send a text message I get a note saying that it has “not delivered”.  However, it IS delivered successfuly!

I have tried to contact ID-mobile support on line but after having been put on hold for about 15 minutes and then disconnected, it would appear that their support is something of a myth. :-(

Any suggestions / solutions will be greatly appreciated.

Regards

Phil

5 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

Hey @G3SWH, the thread title says emails, but this sounds like an SMS issue so I’ll go with that! I assume you’re using an iPhone as this is a common issue, in which case, could you please try the following?

1) Turn off iMessage (Settings > Messages)

2) Restart your phone (by pressing and holding the on/off button)

3) Tap Settings > Phone > My Number and confirm that it is correct.

4) If it is not correct, please enter the correct number

5) Turn iMessage back to On (Settings > Messages)

6) Finally, go to Settings > Messages > Send & Receive and see if the correct number is displayed under "Start new conversations from:"

Thank you,

Rory

Userlevel 1

Thanks for the very prompt reply Rory. 

That seems to have fixed it. :-)

I’m still not very impressed with the ID-Mobile on line support though. :-(

Regards

Phil

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

Glad to hear this got fixed, @G3SWH! The Live Chat should be operational again now if that’s what you’re referring to :)

Thank you,

Rory

Userlevel 1

Yes, it was the on line chat facility that I was trying to use.  There was no indication that it wasn’t working properly.

Regards

Phil

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

Sorry about that, @G3SWH. Just a temporary hitch! You can always reach us here, or on Facebook or Twttter if you use either of those.

Thank you,

Rory

Why iD Mobile?