Solved

Over charging by ID Mobile

• 28 December 2020
  • 10 replies

I have a monthly bill of £10 for my son. For the second time in a year I noticed I was charged £14.20 (on 23 December) while all of my bills are only for £10. Has anybody else noticed these over charges? The amount is small but to resolve ID Mobile wants me to provide scanned copies of utility bills, driver license, bank details etc. I’ve refused and instead raised this with my bank who will reverse the payment while this is investigated. Surely this is not usual for a situation where clearly the merchant has billed incorrectly and has all the details they need already both to review and correct? I had a long chat with Tracey-Lee before giving up and going to my bank.

icon

Best answer by Kevin 29 December 2020, 20:39

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

10 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Hi there @vgeldbr 

How is it you get your bills normally?  Or if possible, could you log in to your iD Mobile account online (or through the app) and check the bill that way?

It should tell you at the bottom of your bill what any outside of plan charges are.

Generally speaking it would likely be due to usage that is over your allowances, or calling any premium rate numbers (some business customer service lines etc).

I don't have any account with IDmobile and never heard of Idmobile until the Letter came to my property ?

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @bedslat,

It sounds like someone may have fraudulently set-up an account in your name.

We’ve already PMed you so we can look into this further.

Mohammed

Userlevel 1

Since I upgraded my contract in February, I have been over charged every month. My monthly bill should be approx £40. At the end of April I paid an £85 bill and one week later my phone usage was suspended due to an 'unpaid' £43 bill! This means that I am being charged double if not triple. To say I am pissed off would be an understatement. Considering cancelling my contract altogether! 

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @Barry66,

This is not good to hear. Is the £85 you mentioned showing on one bill? If so, please can you open the invoice to see what the charge is showing for? If the extra charges are for additional usage i.e data then I would recommend setting your bill cap to £0 to ensure that no further charges are made during your next billing cycle.

If you need further help, let us know here and we’ll be happy to support you.

Ryan

Userlevel 1

Hi Ryan, thanks for your prompt reply. My monthly tariff is £43.59, that's with unlimited calls, texts and data, so no data cap needed. My next bill, for payment at the end of May is for £86.58, as this is double my monthly tariff, I'm guessing that somehow a mistake has been made! When I upgraded I didn't set up a direct debit as I have been paying each month with my debit card. I hope that this helps, as you can imagine, it is very frustrating.

Barry 

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @Barry66,

When did you upgrade and what was your previous plan?

If you upgrade when your bill had just been generated, you’ll likely get a higher pro rata bill next month.

For example, if you were on a £5.00 plan and you upgraded to a £45.00 plan the day after we had produced your £5.00 bill.

Your next bill will be £45.00 + 29-days of line rental from the last month and taking away whatever 29 days of line rental is at the £5.00 rate.

This is because we don’t produce a 2nd bill in the month so do any calculations the next month.

This could be a possibility into what could have caused this.

Check the bill itself and see the dates of the line rental or, include a screenshot here and we’ll try to help (remove or blur any personal data of course.

Mohammed

Userlevel 1

Right, I'm getting seriously p****d off now! I'm no expert on these matters regarding tariffs, contracts, overpayments etc. Why do 'bots' assume that everyone is as versed as they are? Why do I feel like I am being bamboozled with terminology that only they understand? Why do I feel like I'm made to look stupid? Why can't I just speak to a real person? Why do I feel like I'm being ripped off? 

Userlevel 1

Great! No interest? 

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @Barry66,

We don’t use bots to respond on our Community page here and we can only apologise for any confusion caused. My colleague just wanted to make you aware that upgrading part-way through a month may have caused the bill to be higher in the short term.

We’ll send you a PM so we can help further.

Ryan

Why iD Mobile?