Solved

Picture or Multimedia Messages

• 31 July 2018
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 1
ID always charge me for picture or multimedia message, but I don't think I use it. May I ask what is picture or multimedia message? ID will charge for sending and receiving both ways? Really confused.
icon

Best answer by Mohammed 3 August 2018, 13:24

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +10
@helenHi @helen

Are you being charged for many of these?

Do you happen to have any extra emoji plug-ins installed on your phone?

Kevin
Userlevel 1
thank you very muchkevin for your reply.
yes, I'v been charged for several months. No, I don't have any extra emoji plug-ins installed on my phone. may I ask what is it, please? thank you very much.
Userlevel 7
Badge +10
thank you very muchkevin for your reply.
yes, I'v been charged for several months. No, I don't have any extra emoji plug-ins installed on my phone. may I ask what is it, please? thank you very much.

Hello @helen,

MMS messages are known as Multimedia Messages.

They can either be a message with a picture attachment, a message with an emoji inside or a very long SMS message.

SMS messages have around a 160 character limit.
Once this is reached, some smartphones may convert this SMS into an MMS message.

This is done by the handset and not the network, leading to the 30p per MMS charge.

Have you tried checking the handset settings to disable this?

We've actually got information on this on our website here:
https://www.idmobile.co.uk/help-and-advice/mms-charges

Mohammed
Userlevel 1
Hi Mohammed,

Thank you very much for your information. It's very useful. I'll learn it. Thanks again for your helps.
Userlevel 7
Badge +10
Hi Mohammed,

Thank you very much for your information. It's very useful. I'll learn it. Thanks again for your helps.

No problem @helen,

If you require help on a different issue, feel free to create a new topic in the relevant section of our Community and we'd be happy to assist.

If you wanted more help on this issue, just reply here in the future 😁

Mohammed
Userlevel 1
Thank you very much, Mohammed.

The thing is they always charged me but I never sent that kind of message to people even I don't know the number showed on my bill. But they said they just charge according the data on the SIM card. I checked my handset many times I don't have the record on the day for the number at all.

It's strange. Looks like someone else used my phone to do so, but my phone always with me, there is no chance for somebody else. I think it is ID company, they made a mistake to charge me.

Thanks a lot.
Helen
Userlevel 4
Badge +10
Howdy @helen

We would be happy to take a further look at those charges and the number in question if you could bring this up to our Social Media Team.

facebook.com/idmobileuk/
twitter.com/id_mobile_uk

They'll need a few personal details first to locate your account but they'll be able to dig further into your previous bills and charges beyond what we're able to do for you through here.
It's very unlikely that it will be an error on our billing systems, though hopefully we can ensure we stop further charges happening in future.

Kevin

Why iD Mobile?