Solved

possible overpayment - payment of bill and Direct Debit

• 6 September 2020
  • 3 replies

Good morning everyone, I joined iD mobile in the end of September.  I logged into my account today (on 6th September 2020) and was shown an alert asking me to pay my bill for August as well as that for September (i.e. two months’). I paid for this manually.

However, I forgot that I had a Direct Debit set up, which is set to take payments on the 6th of every month. Will another payment be taken today due to the Direct Debit? If this does happen, can I use that towards my October bill or get a refund?

Thanks,

Minesh

icon

Best answer by Rory 6 September 2020, 13:39

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @DarthMinesh,

No problem, thanks for letting us know. If you still need help, just reply here.

Mohammed

Hi @DarthMinesh, if a further payment is taken by Direct Debit, your account will simply go into the green by that amount. You can either get a refund, or use that payment towards your October bill if you choose to cancel your Direct Debit and only pay manually going forward.

In either case, you’ll need to contact our Live Chat team?

They’re available between 9am - 8pm Monday to Friday and 9am - 6pm Saturday and Sunday.

Once you land on the page above, scroll down to see the Live Chat section. 

The Live Chat button may not always appear as ‘available’. If so, it may be a matter of waiting, until an agent is available, so please be patient.

Once the agent is available the button appears blue, indicating that an agent is available.

No need to refresh the page, this will happen automatically.

Let us know how you get on.

Thank you,

Rory

In fact, nothing additional was taken out of the account after I paid manually, so I will keep the DD in place for now.

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

Hi @DarthMinesh, if a further payment is taken by Direct Debit, your account will simply go into the green by that amount. You can either get a refund, or use that payment towards your October bill if you choose to cancel your Direct Debit and only pay manually going forward.

In either case, you’ll need to contact our Live Chat team?

They’re available between 9am - 8pm Monday to Friday and 9am - 6pm Saturday and Sunday.

Once you land on the page above, scroll down to see the Live Chat section. 

The Live Chat button may not always appear as ‘available’. If so, it may be a matter of waiting, until an agent is available, so please be patient.

Once the agent is available the button appears blue, indicating that an agent is available.

No need to refresh the page, this will happen automatically.

Let us know how you get on.

Thank you,

Rory

Why iD Mobile?