Question

refund for overused data

• 7 March 2021
  • 3 replies

Hi I received my new phone last Wednesday 3/2/20. Transferring data from my old phone to the new phone was easy.    But as I was trying to find my round I had a notification I’d used 80% of my data I couldn’t understand what was going off. Next  another notification saying I’d used 100% data I found out my mobile data was on and some games was downloading, I don’t play games at 67 the grey matter doesn’t work so well, I immediately switched it off not knowing what to do… it nearly come back to you, for my innocent mistake I wondered if you could let me off with the payment for data used ,I know it’s cheeky of me to ask but I didn’t want all that stuff on my phone that’s why I stopped it...I just didn’t know what to do

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @MoaningMinny,

Did you not have a cap applied when you purchased the plan?

We ask at the point of purchase if you wanted to set a cap, between £0.00 - No cap.

This helps prevent any billshocks because once the allowances have been reached, it caps any further usage at £0.00.

Mohammed

Hi Mohammed 

It was the first time I’ve ever had to set a phone up by myself. With no idea or instructions to follow I went in totally blind, as I explained earlier I didn’t even know the mobile data was on as I’ve no need to use it. I'm really at the end of my tether now I don’t care about having the phone I feel like sending it back & my 14 days are running out fast.

Christine 

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

Hello @MoaningMinny 

I can see we have messaged you via PM, we’ll continue or conversation there. 

Michelle

iD Mobile 

Why iD Mobile?