Question

Returned direct debit and overpayment

• 27 November 2020
  • 12 replies

Hi,

I've had my direct debit returned as there were insufficient funds in that account. When realising, I paid this immediately but now it says you've received minus two months' payments.

I'm confused as to whether you will try to take the direct debt again and therefore I have over paid or whether it is just a fault on my account?

Thank you :)

This topic has been closed for comments

12 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @LM94,

We’re sorry to hear about this! Due to missing the payment, the account will likely show that you owe 2 months as your next bill will be displayed too. As it has been a few days since your post, do you need us to look into your account further or has it now gone back to normal following your payment?

Ryan

I have had my direct dept taken twice on the same day,need to speak to someone please

I have had my direct dept taken twice on the same day,need to speak to someone please

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @Val620,

Direct Debit payments are only ever collected once. Did you make a manual payment by any chance when a Direct Debit was due? This would have been what’s happened.

I’ll send you a PM so we can look into this.

Mohammed

I definitely did not make a manual payment !!!!!

I need to speak to someone 

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @Val620,

We’ve already sent you a private message on the Community.

Please check this and reply there.

The only other explanation is if you have multiple accounts with iD.

Mohammed

I am on my iPad and not happy!i am 78 years old and do pay two accounts on for a phone in my name for £5 which came out on the 3rd April under ID MOBILE LIMITED.     I also pay one for my son,MARK BARHAM for £6 which you took out twice on the 6th April under 

ID PAYG AUTO PAY.WHY CANT I SPEAK TO SOMEONE FOR GOD SAKE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @Val620,

We’ve already sent you a PM where we will pick this up there.

Please do not spam further messages here as this won’t speed up the process as we’re already in the middle of working to get to the bottom of this.

Any replies given here are general replies and do not have any knowledge of accounts etc.

Mohammed

I’ve had my direct debit returned

will you take it again or do I need to pay 

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

I’ve had my direct debit returned

will you take it again or do I need to pay 

Normally speaking if a Direct Debit fails, it should be re-attempted within a week.  So it might be worth just allowing that to happen as things stand.

If you get a reminder message by text saying you need to pay, then by all means make a manual payment through the iD Mobile App or website.

Many thanks 

Why iD Mobile?