Solved

Sending Texts to a Premium Number

• 19 October 2018
  • 13 replies

Userlevel 1
Having activated the Premium feature on my phone I still cannot send a text to a competition number. Why not???
icon

Best answer by Phil 9 November 2018, 12:56

View original

13 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +6
Hi Chris, what is the number you are trying to text and do you get any error?

If this is a chargeable message you may need to ensure your cap limit is high enough to allow the charge.
-Phil
Userlevel 1
Hi Phil, number is 6 55 55.

I have more than enough in my cap limit.
Hi Phil, number is 6 55 55.

I have more than enough in my cap limit.

Had the same thing trying with The GS competition.
Userlevel 7
Badge +10
Hello @ChrisMc, @olliem,

Have you checked the iD App to ensure that you've not got the feature set to prevent Premium messages from being sent?

Having activated the Premium feature on my phone

This would also need to be allowed via the app.

Mohammed
On mine definitely allowed in ID app, and as far as I can see in the messaging/android settings too.
Userlevel 1
The App is set to Premium 'Yes', maybe there is something else on the iPhone blocking it???
Userlevel 4
Badge +10
Hi @ChrisMc

We've recently investigated a similar issue to this that we're still looking into behind the scenes.

Are you getting an "Error 28" message at all?

If you're absolutely sure you have room to spare with your monthly cap, and premium messaging is turned on. Then it could potentially be something on our network side that we're looking to fix in a coming update.

We've requested that the 655555 number be registered as an approved number on our network, these things can take a little time to refresh though. Right now, leave this with us as we're aware of the problem and looking to get this resolved in the coming months.

In this interim, their should always be alternate ways for you to enter any public competitions like these from what we've seen. Sorry for any temporary inconvenience.

Kevin
Userlevel 1
Not getting any error that I can see, the messages just show as 'Not Delivered'.
Userlevel 4
Badge +10
Ok thanks @ChrisMc

Leave this with us behind the scenes. Fingers crossed we'll have this number cleared and working on our side (if that is the problem) by the end of the year.

The best we can say is to enter these competitions by alternate means for now, but to try again around December/ January.
Userlevel 1
Thanks Kevin, I have just reread your previous message and the number is not as you stated, but 6 55 55
Userlevel 4
Badge +10
My bad @ChrisMc, it was a typo above (I'll edit that now).

6 55 55 is the number I meant.

[here] is the topic that it was covered in similarly

Kevin
Userlevel 2
Badge +6
Hi ChrisMc and olliem, we've identified and fixed the problem that you were having sending a message to 65555. If you want to try again tonight, you will be able to enter ok.

Let us know if you have any issue with this.
-Phil
Userlevel 1

Hi,

I can’t seem to send premium texts to competitions. I have premium feature on and have tried numerous times to solve this but have had no luck. My cap limit is way above what my bill is so I have more than enough to pay this extra charges. I get a reply saying couldn’t send message goto settings. I do that and still nothing.

Why iD Mobile?