Service Interuption - Do You Claim For Loss of Service?

• 4 April 2018
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 1
I work locally and noticed when I was at home the ID service was basically dead. At work, a couple of miles away, I get some service, but not a great signal.

Did an Online Chat and was told "yes, there is a fault and it is being looked at" with a date of about 1 week to get it back to normal. Luckily it was back within about two/three days.

In the Online Chat I asked if it were possible to get a bill reduction for the loss of service and was told they couldn't do that until it was fixed. Fine. But then I was told I had to get back in touch to do that. So going to try when I get a free moment, but why is this something we have to fight for and chase?

Anyone else had a successful way of claiming back for poor signal service?

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10
Hello andrewgc,

Welcome to our iD Community!

It's unfortunate to hear you've recently experienced coverage issues in your area.

As with any mobile network, services are not always completely fault free but when there is a fault we endeavour to fix it as soon as possible.

From what you've advised, it was fixed far sooner than expected which is great.

You can use our coverage checker on https://www.idmobile.co.uk/help-and-advice/uk-coverage-checker which is updated regularly when there's a network issue in your area.

It's best to contact us if you've had or currently have a coverage problem so we can investigate.

Why not try messaging one of our social channels if you find it easier!

Mohammed
Userlevel 4
If you check with various providers, I have had constant issues with Vodafone and they've only compensated me for constant disruption in a blackspot that I was living in since I started the contract.

All service providers do have some clause to state that the service is not guaranteed, as it is not always possible to guarantee an reliable network when it is being relied on Three's backhaul and external conditions/bandwidth/congestion is always a mutating factor in these mobile topologies.

So far, Three's coverage has been good in my area, so that's why I've stuck with iD 😄

Why iD Mobile?