Solved

Text charges to 5 digit numbers

• 31 January 2021
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 1

I am trying to find out if texting a 5 digit number is included in my plan.

If it is not included then how much will it cost?

It is a competition number 60110 and states it will be charged at the standard rate but I can’t find any info on the ID website to establish what the standard rate is.

Thanks in advance for any help.

icon

Best answer by Michelle 3 February 2021, 12:07

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

6 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi, still not clear on the correct answer to the original question. 

@ASunnyM did you enter the competition with the 5 digit text number and did you get charged?

I wanted to enter a competition that stated that “Text Messages charged at network provider’s standard network rate” but had the same message as you when about to send the text stating that the text would be payable but not how much (very confusing).  However, the answers to your question above seem to suggest that if it would be included in your allowance if you had unlimited texts and were on a monthly contract.

Am confused, as it's not clear if you end up paying or not. Thanks.

Userlevel 1

Thank you

ASunnyM

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

Hi @ASunnyM 

As you are entering a competition you would need to check with the company who is running the competition, to check the price for entering.

I hope this helps. 

Thanks

Michelle 

Userlevel 1

I have now tried to text this number and I’m getting a message saying this will produce fees but not how much it will cost. 

ASunnyM

Userlevel 1

Thanks, that’s really helpful.

I am on a pay monthly plan so it  would have been free to enter but I didn’t try it as I was told by Jeanine on livechat that the text would cost £4.50! 

As you will appreciate, I wasn’t prepared to risk it even though I didn’t think that info was correct. 

ASunnyM

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @ASunnyM,

Usually the operators of the 5-digit short code numbers set their own price however if they just charge the standard rate, as all iD Mobile pay monthly plans come with unlimited standard texts, it will be inclusive in your allowance.

If you’re on a Pay As You Go plan, texts cost 2p.

The information above can also be found here.

Ryan

Why iD Mobile?