Solved

Unfair arrangement regarding bill

at the beginning of the pandemic I made an arrangement with id mobile as I was in a vulnerable health position and needed my phone on to summon for help ect that I would have a 90 day grace period where I would not lose service if I was unable to pay my bill . However my services did become  restricted within a few weeks ... as I was 3 days late with my bill 

I managed to summon help and with the help of an email and this forum it was put back on and an apology issued ... it meant I was one bill behind each time but it was OK cos we had agreed that me and id 

However for the last 5-6 weeks without warning my services were restricred again and my account handed to a debt collector ... who rang me constantly 

I explained the situation and that I had paid every month as agreed and cleared off every bill so it was infact the current bill they were cutting me off for and passing on despite my agreement with them 

( I have emails from them confirming the arrangement) 

During my weeks restrictions they sent me texts saying that my 90 days were coming to an end soon and reminding me of the balance of my bill ... i couldn't reply as they had already restricted me weeks before 

Even the debt company passed it back to them as I proved they hadn't kept to the deal and I had 

However I then paid the balance . . And I am still restricted days later ... and when I go on live chat they tell me they can't deal with my enquiry ive spoken to several different …

This is frustrating 

They have also billed me for another months service when they haven't let me use it for the last 6 weeks which I think is so unfair 

What should I do ....i really am lost 

icon

Best answer by Will 6 August 2020, 16:15

View original

20 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Hi there @Nothappybunny 

We’re terribly sorry if you have indeed been cut off after any apparent contact you had made with us to setup an arrangement for more time to pay bills.

So that we can look into this we’ll need to confirm you’re the account holder and take some further details.  

Please check your private messages here shortly as we’ll reach out to you there.

I have replied 

I was cut off not once but twice !! And you handed it to collections who then handed it back to you as they said they weren't pursuing something when you hadn't kept YOUR word ... my account is paid up to date and I still have no services 

Its a joke an absolute an utter joke 

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Hi there @Nothappybunny 

We’ve responded to your most recent message, if you could get back to us there.

If something has gone wrong on our side with what we said we’d do vs what actually happened, then it should all be evident on the account change history.  So we should have no problem putting any mistakes right for you if that’s the case.

You can't put it right that u left me without service for several weeks tho can you ?? 

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @Nothappybunny,

We can only apologise for what has happened and we will work to ensure everything is resolved moving forward.

Ryan

I am hopeful it will be without too much delay and my bill will reflect a refund for the period I was unable to use the services amd for the inconvenience of being chased by debt collectors unnecessarily 

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Be sure to mention that in the Private Message exchange @Nothappybunny.

Will

Well 4 hours later and still no services 

So they clearly are not that bothered 

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

They’re helping others as well as yourself @Nothappybunny, I’m sure they’ll reply over there once they get to your message.

Will

Good morning 

I have been in talks with representatives over a complain which left me without service for 6 weeks 

Id mobile have accepted liability and offered 2 mths line rental as an appology

However only 2 weeks of that is money I've actually already paid and didn't have service for so thats not actually counted so basically they have offeeed me £10 conpensation.... tried twice to blame me when it was their error and today when asking for a deadlock letter was called a "karen" 

Bear in mind i had no phone services for almost 6 weeks i feel they should compensate me 

I have asked to speak to another advisor hes refused and claims the karen was a coincidental typo 

But won't allow me to speak to anyone else 

Further more I have to wait another 2 weeks almost for the deadlock letter :( 

Now can other members tell me am.i actually being unreasonable ?? 

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Good morning @Nothappybunny,

I have merged your new post with this existing post due to the nature of the issue at hand, just so it shows a continuation of your previous thread.

We would like to apologise for any confusion and upset caused by the use of the name Karen. Upon review, my colleague did not call you “a Karen”, however he did open the message by referring to you as just “Karen”. As we handle questions from multiple customers in short succession, the customer who my colleague was speaking to before you was genuinely called Karen which was the reason for the typo. You can see that my colleague did call you by your actual name on the messages before and after the message in question so this was nothing more than a simple mistake which again, we do apologise for.

In regards to a deadlock letter, it can take up to 10 days for this to be produced and issued; this is because the complaint as a whole needs to be reviewed thoroughly to ensure that the deadlock letter is as accurate as it can be.

We feel that the offer of refunding 2 fulls months of line rental is justified and we have given our reasons via Private Message, but as you have rejected our offer on this occasion we can’t offer anything further in terms of a resolution which is why we have reached a point of deadlock and we will be producing you with a letter, upon your request of course. 

We will, however, continue to support you via the Private Message function with any other questions you may have in the meantime and we will let you know once the deadlock letter is ready to be issued to you. 

Thanks,
Ryan

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

Hi @Nothappybunny ,

I have sent you a PM regarding your complaint.

Kind Regards,

Chloé 

I have received your reply however you have prevented me from replying to it so I will post it here 

No where on any correspondence will will did he ever address me or any other representative use my forst name so its a little bit of a coincidence that I ask for a manager and am called karen ! 

Your attempts to cover for him only actually make it worse i have every transcript recorded and no where in this or other messages does my first name ever get used …

I dont feel that ur resolution is fair to say £10 is suitable compensation for 6 weeks of no service when it shouldn't have been cut off in the first place and is your error 

and for being hounded by debt collectors for no reason 

To then being called Karen when asking for a manager being an unfortunate "coincidence"

You then tell me that if I want to complain you won't release a deadlock for almost 2 more weeks but won't refund the charges that u already owe me aside from compensation if I take it further 

You owe me a refund on the services i could not use regress of my complaint for compensation I expect that to be done immediately  

Seriously !!! 

Good morning @Nothappybunny,

I have merged your new post with this existing post due to the nature of the issue at hand, just so it shows a continuation of your previous thread.

We would like to apologise for any confusion and upset caused by the use of the name Karen. Upon review, my colleague did not call you “a Karen”, however he did open the message by referring to you as just “Karen”. As we handle questions from multiple customers in short succession, the customer who my colleague was speaking to before you was genuinely called Karen which was the reason for the typo. You can see that my colleague did call you by your actual name on the messages before and after the message in question so this was nothing more than a simple mistake which again, we do apologise for.

In regards to a deadlock letter, it can take up to 10 days for this to be produced and issued; this is because the complaint as a whole needs to be reviewed thoroughly to ensure that the deadlock letter is as accurate as it can be.

We feel that the offer of refunding 2 fulls months of line rental is justified and we have given our reasons via Private Message, but as you have rejected our offer on this occasion we can’t offer anything further in terms of a resolution which is why we have reached a point of deadlock and we will be producing you with a letter, upon your request of course. 

We will, however, continue to support you via the Private Message function with any other questions you may have in the meantime and we will let you know once the deadlock letter is ready to be issued to you. 

Thanks,
Ryan

actually Ryan refunding 2 months of line rental when a month and a half of it you prevented me from using it at your error is not generous ! 

Your only giving me back money that I was charged for a service i couldnt use 

Your not actually compesating me for the error in the firsr place !!!! 

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @Nothappybunny,

We’re sorry that you feel this way, as explained, we feel that this is a suitable offer given the situation and as you feel differently on the matter, the deadlock letter will explain this and allow you to approach the ombudsman to seek further assistance.

Just going back to one of my previous points regarding the use of your name, I can see from the conversation you have had with our iD Support team that the message directly before Karen was mentioned, the message starts with “Hi Sam” and the message after that starts with “My apologises Sam” which we believe to be your first name. If you could please take another look through the conversation, your name is mentioned frequently.

Please let me know if you would like me to remove your name from this message to hide your first name.

Thank you,
Ryan

It was used as a  opening greet once but not in the main body of conversation at any time as my screenshot show and that really isn't the issue here the issue here is the fact you are refusing to refund charges that u owe to me if I pursue a complaint 

I am pursuing a complaint but the refund for the period of no service should be made regardless of that complaint as the fact it is owed to me in not in dispute 

I will persue compensation with the ombudsmen 

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

Hi @Nothappybunny,

I have now followed you, so you can reply to my PM if required.

I have reviewd your complaint and although I can see that you were addressed as Karen, there was no malicious intent in this and it was human error, for which I apologise.

Please allow me some time to investigatw this futher and establish if ll the correct steps have been followed, I will PM you further tomorrow afternoon with an update.

Kind Regards,

Chloé

I am not asking you to review it 

I have said i will persue a complaint for compensation with the ombudsmen 

But regardless of that u should still refund the charges I have already paid for the time u didnt let me use service ... 

Else i will fall into arrears and you will cut me off again !!! 

I am not paying for something i didn't get 

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

Hi @Nothappybunny ,

We have escalated this internally to understand further about why the bar was placed onto your account, I have sent a follow up PM with some information regarding the refund.

Thank you,

Chloé

Finally someone who actually gets what I am on about 

Thankyou 

Why iD Mobile?