Question

Urgent help with Final Demand

• 29 September 2021
  • 3 replies

Hi im nearing the end of my contract after never missing a payment and no previous issues at all. Due to a family crisis I have been left extremely short financially this month, I had no other choice then to try and adjust a few of my smaller bills . 

I make all payments monthly on the 22nd and I did try to straight away contact I.d but couldn't find away to contact other than the automated message. Like I said I really had no other choice other than to cut a few payments this month and I believed I was in good standing with I.d due to having no previous payment issues, and being close to the end of my contract. Unfortunately I was wrong as after missing just one payment on the 22nd, there was a letter sent just 3 days later with a final demand and warning of 7 days before being passed to debt collectors.

I do apologise that I should have tried again the following day to find a way to get In touch and resolve this . However I do find it extremely unfair to take such harsh action against me and I really don't understand how it can be legal to skip from never missing a payment straight to final demand/debt collectors in just a few days. As I said iv been having a family crisis and many other issues in my personal life which has resulted in this situation elevating extremely  fast.

I would be so grateful if this could be resolved, my problem is that unfortunately I didn't just forget to make a payment but honestly I just don't have the money this month, so I generally can't make the payment. I really hope that due to have no issues prior to this for the entire contract, that I could please be allowed to continue payments starting from my next payment date  . I would really appreciate any understanding .

Thankyou 

Joanna 

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

Sorry to hear about the financial situation you find yourself in @jorocks5.

How much is outstanding? Are they asking for just the late payment or the remainder of the contract?

Hi and Thankyou for the reply! They are only asking for the monthly payment right now which is the same amount as any other month but it not paid within 7 days from the letter being sent then it will be the remainder of the contract sent to debt collectors which will involve extra charges. As I previously said I'm having great financial difficulties this month but can pay as normal next month . 

This has all escalated extremely fast making me believe it must be some kind of mistake. going from never missing any payments and near the end of contract, to a final notice

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @jorocks5,

We are very sorry to hear about this situation. We will send you a Private Message to see if there is anything we can do due to your circumstances.

To access your messages, click your profile picture in the top right hand corner and then click ‘Private Messages’. Alternatively, if you are currently logged in, you can use the following link: https://community.idmobile.co.uk/inbox/overview

Ryan

Why iD Mobile?