Solved

Wi Fi Calling a rip off - thought it was free for all calls

• 30 November 2018
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 2
My bill has soared from £22.99 to 32.99. I was not aware that you had to pay for wi fi calls. I am used to Whats App calls that are free. When you buy an id phone and sim they do not give you sufficient information about calls that are out of plan. My phone has roaming enabled and premium calls disabled. I had no idea that an 0845 number would rack up such a lot of money. Rang ID yesterday and asked to speak to a Manager as I feel that they should refund this on the basis I was not informed that these charges are applicable. Was on the phone for over 30 minutes after a service assistant agreed to find a manager then said they would ring back. No such call! Overall pleased with ID but have now set my out of plan settings to £0, and will only increase this if I really need to call out of plan for a reason.
icon

Best answer by Ryan 4 December 2018, 13:09

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +10
Hi Waffles,

I am sorry to hear this and we can only apologise for any confusion caused. WiFi calls are exactly the same as an ordinary call where in calls to 0845 and other premium numbers are chargeable and geographical/mobile phone calls will come off your minutes allowances.

Ryan
Userlevel 2
Thanks but I think you should make this clear. I did not get any printed information when buying my phone and SIM.
Userlevel 6
Badge +10
Hi @Waffles,

I understand your point of view, and it is unfortunate that you weren't aware of how the WiFi calling feature worked, but the same could be said about a number of features that a phone has. As WiFi calling is a feature of the phone, you can find information regarding this from the manufacturer.

I can see that you have commented on our WiFi Calling community post too which was updated last month. Here is the link for anyone else that may want to have a read: https://community.idmobile.co.uk/blog-45/what-is-wi-fi-calling-and-why-should-you-use-it-29551

Ryan
Userlevel 2
Car phone Warehouse do not give much information at all about the Huwai Phone and the leaflet that comes with it is not that comprehensive. I won't be caught out again now my credit is set to 0% so at least I now that the call will be chargeable.

Why iD Mobile?