Blog

Everything you’ve been waiting to hear about iPhone 11

• 13 September 2019
  • 1 reply
Everything you’ve been waiting to hear about iPhone 11
Userlevel 8
Badge
It’s finally here. After months of speculation, Apple has released three cracking new handsets; iPhone 11, iPhone 11 Pro and iPhone Pro Max. So, what’s all the fuss about?

iPhone 11

The 6.1-inch Liquid Retina iPhone 11 might be the lowest-priced of the three new Apple phones, but don’t let that fool you – it’s packed with premium features that are bound to cause a buzz.

A camera that’ll turn heads

First, it’s got a dual 12MP lens camera setup featuring a wide-angle and 120-degree ultra-wide lens. Whether you’re hiking through the valleys or taking a family snap, you’ll get bundles of detail, and you won’t need to switch to panorama to get that perfect shot. You can even take ultra-wide photos in portrait mode, helping you get that professional looking headshot first time.

Footage ready to share

What about video? Ultra-wide is great for your footage too, letting you shoot videos in beautiful Ultra HD at 60 fps. That means your recordings will look incredible on your TV. And when a photo opportunity becomes a video opportunity, just hold the shutter button in photo mode to start recording. Capture the moment as it happens, without fumbling around.

Another feature that’s bound to capture the imagination of social media lovers is the slo-mo selfie (or ‘slofie’) function. The front camera can record videos at 120 fps, so let’s just say profile pictures are about to get a whole lot more entertaining.

Lightning-fast processor

That superb camera setup might be the headline grabber, but the iPhone 11 is as much about processing power. The new A13 Bionic chip has both the fastest smartphone CPU and GPU to date, making the phone a powerhouse for gaming. You’ll be able to level up and compete online without any lag to throw you off your game.

iPhone 11 Pro and Pro Max

The iPhone 11 Pro features a 5.8-inch Super Retina XDR OLED display, while the Pro Max offers the same gorgeous screen resolution at 6.5-inches. Both phones have a stylish matte finish body that keeps the handset sturdy in your palm.

Back to the cameras…

So, what’s different about the Pro and Pro Max camera setups? Well, along with the same wide and Ultra-Wide lenses, you also get a third telephoto lens. It offers 4x optical zoom, giving you the ability to capture distant scenes with as much clarity as a selfie. And after the upcoming software update, it’ll get even better with the new Deep Fusion feature. When you take a photo, your phone will take 9 images before you press the shutter. It’ll then analyse every photo and knit them together for a stunning picture, first time.

Powerful processing

The Pro and Pro Max also come with Apple’s new A13 Bionic chip, tweaked to deliver high performance with low power consumption, making it their most efficient processor to date – and up to 20% faster.

What about battery life?

Don’t worry about carrying your Lightning cable everywhere with you. The A13 chip’s efficiency means you’ll get an extra 4 hours browsing time with the iPhone Pro, and an extra 5 hours with the Pro Max.

When does it come out?

Pre-orders will be available from the 13th September, with all three iPhones available to buy from the 20th September.

Find out more about the iPhone 11 and the iPhone 11 Pro

1 reply

Userlevel 4
Badge +10
My iPhone 7 plus has started to show it's age throughout this year.

I'm not Apple fanboy, but I would be keen for the iPhone 11 Pro to have a much better camera in my pocket. The level of protection when online and app security is stuff is something I never take for granted too.

Why iD Mobile?