It’s National Text Your Ex Day Competition - Closed

• 30 October 2019
  • 9 replies
It’s National Text Your Ex Day Competition - Closed
Userlevel 8
Badge

It’s National Text Your Ex Day! Yes, you did read that right. Even if message a former lover may not be your cuppa tea, why not enter our competition and find a reason to celebrate!

No, you don’t need to message your ex to win. Instead, we’re offering one winner a chance to get their hands on some extra data this month. All you need to do is share 5 things you’d rather use your data on than texting your ex! Here’s a few things we’d rather spend our data on:

1.Find a date

Better to move forward than dwell on the past, right? There’s a stack of different dating apps out there, and each of them offer something slightly different. Tinder is probably the most famous one, with the classic ‘swipe right, swipe left’ system. Then there’s Bumble, where only women can strike up a conversation once you’ve matched. Happn is a little different, too. It works with your location data to show you people you’ve passed while you’ve been out and about. Give it a go! You never know, you could end up meeting that special person.

If you’re not sure which app to go for, take a look at our 5 most lovable dating apps.

2.Binge watch your favourite show

Everyone has a go-to show that can instantly put a smile on their face (*cough*, Bodyguard). With a little more data, you can disable that ‘WiFi streaming only’ setting on Netflix and dive into a box set without the worry of draining your data. So, why not get reacquainted with the characters you love?

3.Book a holiday

Everything is better when you’re relaxing on a beach, and a little spontaneity livens things up. Why not escape National Text Your Ex Day altogether and find yourself a great deal on a city break or beach getaway?  With sites like lastminute.com, Love Holidays and Cheeky Trip offering beautiful destinations at a super price, you’re only a few clicks away from bathing in the sunshine with a Pina Colada in hand.

4.Get back in touch with long-lost mates

You’re probably wondering how an out-of-the-blue text to your ex-partner would go down, so why not message a friend instead and see how they’re getting on? Everyone’s got a few people in their contacts list that would love to hear from them. Whether they’re mates from school, college or uni, old colleagues or relatives, drop them a line and arrange to meet up!

5.Get home after a night out

Picture the scene: it’s late, you’re walking out of a bar or club to head home, and it’s raining. Instead of putting up with the agony of the night bus, that little bit of data could be enough to book a uber that’ll turn up right where you are and take you to your front door. No journey around the houses, no need to side-step dropped kebabs, and no hassle.

So, those are just a few of the things we’d rather do than text our exes. What would you rather do? Whatever you’re thinking, let us know below for a chance to win extra data

9 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

I would rather login to iD Mobile Community go to "Recently active topics" and refresh that page whole day in hopes someone will need my help and I would be able to give good advice. While I do that I would make constructive conversation with Google Assistant :-)

Userlevel 3

I'd rather buy a data add on so that I can binge watch the first thing that I find on Netflix.

Userlevel 1

I'd rather use my data to post on Social media that I won the lottery & am living the life now I'm single😜

Userlevel 1

I’d rather be dead in a ditch… even if Boris is there 

Userlevel 1

Things I would rather do with data than text an ex.…

Tell my wife and kids I love them, again.

Organise more karate training.

Make arrangements for another birthday party.

Let people know we're going to be away for a few weeks... and...

Let my friends in Barcelona know we're visiting again soon!

Userlevel 8
Badge

Congrats @Ashelesh 

You’ve been selected as the winners of our It’s National Text Your Ex Day Competition. You’ve won 10GB of extra data.

You’ll receive an email shortly with all the relevant details. 

A huge thank you to everyone who entered. :grin:

Userlevel 3

Congrats@Ashelesh 

You’ve been selected as the winners of our It’s National Text Your Ex Day Competition. You’ve won 10GB of extra data.

You’ll receive an email shortly with all the relevant details. 

A huge thank you to everyone who entered. :grin:

Hi, I don't think I received the email. Can you send it again?

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Hi @Ashelesh did you received the email from @iD Mobile?

Have you checked your junk/ spam folder just in case it went there?

Userlevel 3

Hi@Ashelesh did you received the email from@iD Mobile?

Have you checked your junk/ spam folder just in case it went there?

I haven't received the email from iD Mobile. I've checked my spam folder and my unread emails.

Why iD Mobile?