Make Great Pictures Amazing - COMPETITION CLOSED

Make Great Pictures Amazing - COMPETITION CLOSED
Userlevel 3
Badge

Who would have thought that once upon a time when you took a photo you would have to wait until you had 36 other photos on your film before you could see any of them! Then you would have to take them to get developed, wait a few hours (or even days!) only to realise there was a finger over the lens or someone walking past your perfect shot.

Now, our smartphones offer us pretty much unlimited opportunities to get ‘the perfect shot’. But even if we can’t take the ‘perfect shot’ there is an abundance of apps that will help make it even better then when you took it.

This month we are looking at the best apps available to help make those moments look even better, read to the end to see how you can enter this month’s competition to win a brand new Google Pixel 3a XL and be a part of next month’s newsletter.

Adobe Lightroom CC

Available on: iOS & Android

One of the best photo editing apps available, Lightroom CC not only has a comprehensive free option with more options to edit then you’ll ever need it can also be upgraded to a paid version with even more options! With the free version you’ll be able to take photos through the app and remove any pesky blemishes as they appear alongside being able to adjust contrast, brightness, definition and depth!

Carbon

Who doesn’t think a black & white photo can make the most mundane subject look effortlessly cooler! Your phones camera will always take a picture in full colour but with the Carbon app you have a plethora of monochrome filters to tinker with to bring out your inner auteur!

Afterlight 2

Another great app that lets you tinker with a whole manner of settings like saturations, tone, texture adjusting. It also unlike other free photography apps, offers brand new content every month to make sure you always have new ways to make that great photo even better!

VSCO

We’ve all had a play with the filters on Instagram and they are feeling a little overused now, VSCO offers very similar functionality to Instagram editing with a little more detail and better filter options. Some of the more fun filter options are ones where you can emulate the good old days of grainy Kodak film!

Now that we’ve shared some great apps for editing those masterpieces you’ve taken, now its time to show us what you can do and be in with a chance to win the amazing Google Pixel 3a XL and have your picture featured in next month’s iD Mobile Community Newsletter!

All you have to do is

• Share your best picture of a sunset or sunrise (please don’t include people in your pics!) by 23.59 on 12th July
  • Post it in the comments below (just press the ‘insert image’ button)
  • Admire everyone else’s pictures

Full T’s & C’s can be found here

Happy snapping!

This topic has been closed for comments

74 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Great post and some good apps mentioned there. I often use Lightroom myself; the free version has plenty of features to get the most out of any photo.

Google’s Snapseed app is another one which has a lot of editing tools, all for free too.

Userlevel 2

OnePlus 7t,

just pointed & clicked

Userlevel 3

unfiltered, unedited photo of a stunning sunset ! 

Userlevel 1

Couldn't exactly shout to people to move haha.. actually make the picture look nice tbh.. - on the samsung J3 phone..

Userlevel 1

Userlevel 1

View from window 5/7/20

Userlevel 2

Userlevel 1

Early evening in Tenerife 

Userlevel 1

Gorgeous skies over Norway 

VERY early morning Arenal Volcano

Both sunset and sunrise - MIDNIGHT at Andenes, Norway

Userlevel 1

Ooops doesn't appear that my image has uploaded 😪 way

Userlevel 1

Ooops doesn't appear that my image has uploaded 😪 way

Tried from iPhone se don't seem to have worked, I clicked on the image icon ?????? Any ideas

a special sunset at Cabuzana, Vera Spain

Userlevel 1

Userlevel 1
Sunset from my bedroom window in Coventry. Most unusual sky I've ever seen

Userlevel 1

Userlevel 1

Unedited sunset taken during short respite from full lockdown. The sky really was that pink!

Userlevel 2

Hi from Blaizz1950. Sun halo early morning Much Wenlock, Shropshire. I have only seen this weather phenomenon once.

Userlevel 1

Userlevel 1

A glorious sunrise😍  Feurteventura 

Userlevel 1

This was taken on my phone during one of my evening lockdown walks. Carlisle, Cumbria.

Userlevel 3

Userlevel 4

Beautiful sunset from the warden hills in Luton whilst playing golf, just about had enough light to finish our round!

Userlevel 1

Hayle, Cornwall at sunset

Why iD Mobile?