Blog

New Year, New Phone - Competition

New Year, New Phone - Competition
Userlevel 6
Badge +3
  • iD Mobile Employee
  • 118 replies

Happy new year! Think you’ve missed the chance to treat yourself to a great phone deal now that Christmas is over? Think again!

At iD Mobile, we’re all about great offers all year round. And this month, we’ve got some pretty epic deals on Google’s Pixel range. With the best elements of the Android experience combined with 5G connectivity, a powerful chip, a crystal-clear OLED screen and incredible cameras, Google Pixel phones can handle it all.

Both the Google Pixel 4a 5G and the Google Pixel 5 launched in October, and they’re up there with the best smartphones of 2020. The first Google phones packed with 5G compatibility, both the Pixel 4a and Pixel 5 offer incredible download speeds and a stripped-back, clean looking interface that’ll please even the most devoted Apple fans.

We love the cameras on both phones. While they have the same dual 12MP and 16MP Ultra-Wide lens setup, it’s the brilliant AI that’s the star of the show. The Night Sight feature allows you to capture stunning photography in low light without the need to use the flash. And it’s smart enough to detect when the scene you’re shooting is dark, letting you select Night Sight mode with a quick tap.

That AI brings the best out of both phones’ batteries, too. Adaptive Battery learns which apps you rely on the most and gives them priority when it comes to power. The battery can last up to 48 hours with the help of Extreme Battery Saver, so you can leave the charger at home.

Next-Gen Google Assistant

With the help of next-gen Google Assistant, the Google Pixel 4a and Pixel 5G can do practically whatever you ask. Dictate a catch-up message to a mate to send a text without typing, or request that song you can’t wait to hear. Connect up your smart devices and control your tech at home using your voice, or simply set a reminder to turn the oven on at the right time – Google Assistant makes it all possible.

Both phones are available from iD mobile right now, starting from £24.99 a month for the Pixel 4a 5G and £27.99 a month for the Pixel 5. Just tap our handy new Shop button at the top of the Community page to find out more!

Competition Time:

Speaking of Community, we want to get every iD member’s 2021 off to a great start, and you can help!

Simply tell us below what we can do to improve your iD Community experience, what new functions or updates would you like to see to the Community? Let us know below and you could be in with a chance of winning a brand-new Google Pixel 4a 5G.

There can only be one winner, but every suggestion is welcome, whether you’re new to the Community or an iD Superhero.

The competition closes on Wednesday 13th January 2020, and we’ll announce the winner shortly after. Our standard T&Cs apply. 

And if you can’t wait till then, you can always check out our fantastic Google Pixel deals. When purchasing a Google Pixel 4, 4a or 5 you will receive a Currys PC World Voucher worth £50-£100.

Best of luck, and happy new year!

This competition has now closed. Thank you to everyone who entered and shared their ideas. Congratulations to@DaveH you have won the brilliant ‘Google Pixel 4a 5G’

109 replies

Userlevel 1

I've been very happy with my experience on the ID community. To be honest, I don't think I have any feedback except carry on! 

Personally, I'd love some more info on the 5G revolution. Obviously, download speeds will be faster, but what functionality might that unlock…?!

Plus, also in this fake news age, how to counter the mistaken view that 5G is bad for humans.

Happy New Year!

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

@Bethx this is incredible to hear, we are always striving to improve our member’s experience on the Community. If you ever have any ideas, don’t be afraid to let us know :) 

Userlevel 1

Just keep being there for people

Userlevel 3
Badge

Let rollover accumulate from month to month without expiry.

Maintain (and expand) roaming post brexit

Userlevel 1

Helping those in difficulty with the COVID 19 pandemic.

Userlevel 1

Discussing the 5G network, or lack of would be useful along with when and where it will be rolled out

More competitions and give aways please. I always visit the site for a chance to get something free but I then stay to read what else is going on.

Userlevel 2

My experience with iD Mobile has been increasingly good since I first took out my contract, over five years ago. I find the app easy to use (nowadays), the customer service is good, and coverage is also good. The only thing I would like to see improved is the ability to use visual voicemail with my contract.

Userlevel 1

Make it easier to view or upgrade your plans monthly on the app. Sort of how EE have it on their app. You can view all plans and updates to plans so offers etc on the app in a seperate tab. So if need be we can easily switch. Other than that the app is great! And i will definitely stick to ID mobile for a good while now. Have even got a 5G signal in some areas. Its awesome!

Userlevel 1

I agree the iD Community is a fine thing. It might be even better if it was more forum-like, so more experienced phone users could answer question and share tips with us technophobes, like how to make battery las longer, or sharing news in real time about any changes to roaming charges in EU countries this year (assuming travel is going to be a possibility sometime this year)

Userlevel 3

The best way to improve the iD community experience is to provide opportunities for us to come together to achieve an objective such as voting for a new feature or particular system. This encourages engagement and allows progress to be made for success to be achieved. A good example is new SIM card plans or deals/discounts on new devices. 

Userlevel 4

I’m a big fan of the iD Mobile community, it has helped me with a lot of questions and problems in the past. One cool feature that could be added is a live chat function, I’ve seen this on many other websites and even a simpler one with pre-formatted questions would be a great addition to the site!

I have had no problems so far so nothing 😁

Userlevel 1

Maybe a user poll to investigate what phone apps to review. Or articles on security, scams etc

ID has been great, the only thing I could ask for is a stronger signal strength! But for what I pay for the great contract I’ve got makes me almost feel guilty to ask for more :L

Userlevel 1

Like previous commenters, finding what to suggest is tough as it's already great - that’s why we’re with you!!  I think more info on 5G rollout (esp since I’m in Northern Ireland and there’s so much of it already...just across the ‘border’…!) would be great.  But keep doing what you’re doing.  It’s been a great year with you and I hope for many more.

More info on the 5G advantages, a broader network with a stronger signal (It’s weak in my house and at my elderly mother’s which is a bit tricky) and more chances to win things please :grinning:

No changes, keep up the good work

It’s been a great experience so far but I would recommend the ability to roam after brexit would be great and to be able to let data rollover! Thanks :)

Userlevel 2

To listen to the customer.

I have been very happy with ID community, don’t think there is anything that can be improved. 

I'm new to the community (not id) 

I've not had any reason to use customer services as the service as a whole has been great. I've managed to bring my old phone number, upgrade and have had no problems with either. 

I'm hopeful that if things went wrong, the customer service would be as good as the day to day usability of the app. 

Maybe let our data rollover every month. But you do give us a great service nonetheless. 

Applied for a contract in October and been very happy with it. Very friendly and helpful whenever I’ve contacted for help, website and all also easy to navigate, data rollover is brilliant, carry on! 

Why iD Mobile?