NOW CLOSED - Competition Day 5 – 7th December 2018 – Apple iPad

• 29 November 2018
  • 78 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge
It's day 5 of our 5-day Christmas Giveaway!

🎵On the 5th day of Christmas iD Mobile gave to me…. the last chance to win a prize! 🎵

In the spirit of receiving gifts, we want to know if you remember the first ever phone you were given (or even bought if you weren’t so lucky to receive one)?

Comment below with your memories for your chance to win an iPad!

This competition will close at 23.59 on the 7th December 2018, and it’s your last chance to win in this year’s Christmas giveaway! Good Luck! 🍀

T&C’s Link

This topic has been closed for comments

78 replies

Userlevel 1
🎉🎉🎉 thank you so much! I’m so excited! Merry Christmas 🎄 x 😀
Userlevel 8
Badge
Congratulations @Lotte9583! You've been selected as the winner of our Day 5 Apple iPad Christmas Giveaway! 😀

We’ll email you via the address you used to log into the Community to confirm your win. Please make sure you respond to that within 7 days to confirm acceptance. Congratulations again, and thanks to all those who entered! 👍
Userlevel 2
Razer clamshell. So excited to get it. Thought I was in star trek.
Nokia 3510
Userlevel 1
A blue and silver Nokia 3210, snake! 😍
Userlevel 2
I was a Butcher area manager and the owner got me one so I could keep in contact with him from other shops it was like the one Del Boy had in Only Fools and Horses when he was a yuppie with his filofax as well.
The hand set was bulky,heavy with about a 6inch rubber aerial, To charge the handset had to attached to a large like 12v car battery unit for seemed like 24hrs to charge 😂🤣
Userlevel 1
Can anybody remember the coca cola cans where you had to collect the ring pulls for a mobile phone like Del Boys (only fools and horses) lol . Well i was the sad one that did, and a phone like a brick! Showing my age now! lol
A Nokia 8110 like the one in the matrix
Userlevel 1
Can't remember what it was, some sort of slidey up phone..
Userlevel 1
Nokia 3210 on the Orange network. I composed the song ‘Blue’ by Eiffel 65 as a ringtone 😂
Back in early 90's when Orange first started I got a PAYG phone...huge Motorola with an extendable aerial (about a 12" with aerial extended) also remember the rechargeable battery you could take out and replace with 4×AA batterys (Got about 20 minutes talk time haha). Also used to cost about £15 to make a 30 minute call and was about 20p a txt haha.
Nokia 8210 - given to me by my brother so I could text a girl, who is now my wife!
Nokia 3310
Nokia 3210, stayed with Nokia until smartphones emerged. Since then it’s been iPhone all the way
When I was 12 I got a Nokia 630 for like 7 quid a month 👌🏻👏🏻
Userlevel 1
Very large free Nokia phone from my bank for opening a student account with them. 🤞
Userlevel 2
A Philips Savvy
My first mobile was a Siemens C25. It was a decent phone but the bright blue plastic made it look like a toy phone.
Userlevel 2
It was some sort of Vodaphone monstrosity, circa 1998
I had a Nokia 8110 the "banana phone" which I really liked, then later had a Nokia 8210 which was just tiny, miss the having a phone where the battery life was measured in days.
Badge +10
NEC P800

a Mitsubishi Trium Geo Astral! A proper relic now!
Userlevel 1
I received my 1st Mobile when i was 21 years old.
It was a present from my aunty.
It is BT Cellnet Bright Yellow Pay as you go mobile.
I still remembered it was so expensive too make a phone call.
It cost 55p per minute to call.
Even though there were no camera, no facebook, no whatsapp and no internet, but i was the happiest person in the world. As i do not have to go to the public phone booth to make a phone call ANYMORE.
What a good memory.
My first phone was a dark blue Nokia 3310 - complete with mouse-sized monochrome screen, monophonic ringtones and the greatest mobile game of all time: Snake II.

... & Bcoz 1 msg cud only hav up2 153 lttrz, this fone also tawt me txt spk. Lol
Sturdy Nokia 3310, hold over a WEEK with single charge...
Why iD Mobile?