Blog

Our pick of the hottest notchless phones

• 8 February 2019
  • 1 reply
Our pick of the hottest notchless phones
Userlevel 8
Badge
Not a fan of the notch? We’ve gathered together some of the latest phones that are completely notch-free…

Since Apple introduced the notch on iPhone X, plenty of other phone manufacturers have adopted their own notch designs- with good reason.

For a while now, manufacturers have been trying to push screens all the way to the edges of the phone but, they still need somewhere to put the camera and other sensors – hence the notch.

The appeal of notch phones is largely down to personal preference but there are some benefits of a notch-free design you just can’t argue with:

· You get an uninterrupted viewing experience, with nothing invading your screen while you’re trying to enjoy a movie or play a game.

· Bezels at the top and bottom of your phone are great for housing big, powerful speakers – perfect if you love watching movies or music videos on your phone.

So if you prefer the clean straight lines of a notch-free phone, here are some of our favourite notchless handsets that you should definitely check out…

Samsung Galaxy S9 – edge-to-edge screen, with no compromise

The S9 features a stunning 5.8-inch Infinity Display with no bumps or blemishes to ruin its beautiful lines. The screen stretches all the way to each side of the phone with only a tiny bezel at the top and bottom.

Amazingly, it’s still able to house powerful stereo speakers and an 8MP selfie cam.

Other top features from the Galaxy S9:

· A 12MP rear camera with dual aperture, so you’ll always get the best shot in any lighting conditions.

· Film in super slow-mo, at 960 fps – perfect for capturing amazing live action shots.

· With an IP68 waterproof rating, you won’t have to worry about using it in the rain.

Get the Samsung Galaxy S9 from iD Mobile

Looking for the ultimate screen size in a notch-free phone? Try the Note9

As the number suggests, the Samsung Galaxy Note has been around for a while now and that’s because there are plenty of people who love a big screen.

It’s not just big either, the quality of everything it displays is incredible making the Note9 perfect for everything from watching your top flicks to working on sprawling spreadsheets.

With the Note9, you get:

· Crystal clear video and pictures – perfect for streaming TV shows or catching up on work while you’re on the go.

· A Bluetooth stylus that works as a pen, or a remote for the camera – ideal for large group selfies.

· A huge screen that’s perfect for multitasking – no need to pause the movie to check your email, just split the screen.

Get the Samsung Galaxy Note9 from iD Mobile

Google Pixel 3 - Super powerful software and sleek design

If you’re looking for notch-free design that comes with a range of incredible features, the Pixel 3 ticks all the boxes. While the XL version does feature a notch, the more compact Pixel 3 doesn’t.

But don’t let the modest size fool you, it’s still got all the same incredible features that you’ll find on its big brother.

With the Pixel 3, you get:

· Bang up to date software – because it’s Google, you’ll always be the first to get updates.

· Storage for as many photos as you want – All Pixel users get unlimited free photo storage with Google Photos.

· Stunning photos with features like Portrait mode that blurs the background, making it look like a pro photographer took the shot.

· Help from Google Assistant – check the weather, commute time, or control your smart home. No need to say “Ok Google”, just give it a squeeze to activate your assistant.

Get the Google Pixel 3 from iD Mobile

What do you think of the notch, love it or hate it? Let us know in the comments below.

1 reply

Userlevel 4
I have a notch on my phone and don't really notice it as it has the network signal, battery etc on either side in normal use. If I am ever watching something on my phone that I have full screen, the main action rarely hapens in that tiny notch which is now way over on the left (if I have the phone on its side).

Why iD Mobile?