Stress Awareness Day Competition - Closed

• 7 November 2019
  • 18 replies
Stress Awareness Day Competition - Closed
Userlevel 8
Badge

Today is National Stress Awareness Day! It’s a great time to take a moment and think about our wellbeing, and the most effective ways to stay productive when it all gets a bit too much.

No matter whether you’re studying for exams or chairing a big project at work, stress can easily take its toll and make a hard day seem even harder.

Stress Awareness Day was created by the International Stress Management Association (ISMA) to help provide information and strategies on how to manage stress, both for individuals and organisations. Unchecked stress can ultimately lead to health problems such as high blood pressure, so it’s important to take a step back and identify the things in your life that make you feel tense or under pressure.

Here at iD, we’ve got a list of four apps that are great for helping to combat stress, and we’re also running a competition to win a Special Edition Fitbit Versa 2 to celebrate. More on that later, though:

1.Breath2Relax (Free)

Take a deep breath. This app is great for helping you to remain conscious of the way you breathe, and how it can affect the way you deal with stressful situations. The app provides useful info on the way stress affects the body and teaches you the skill of diaphragmatic breathing. It’s not a standalone tool to purge stress from your life, but it can help you make significant improvements. It can even help you keep your mood stable, control anger and manage anxiety. Try it out!

Download Breath2Relax for Android or iOS.

2.Sanvello: Stress & Anxiety Help (Free, with in-app purchases)

Sanvello isn’t just about meditation or dealing with stress as and when it occurs. Instead, it’s a comprehensive platform that offers you long term skills to help you deal with stress, anxiety and depression. With Daily Mood Tracking, you’ll answer a few short questions each day to give the app a clearer picture about how you’re feeling. You can also track things like exercise, caffeine intake and sleep to see how certain factors affect your mood. With this data, you can make changes to your lifestyle that you know are guaranteed to have a positive impact.

That’s not all though. You’ll also find Guided Journeys recorded by experts that draw on techniques from mindfulness, cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT) and other effective skills that can help each day seem more manageable.

Check out Sanvello on Android or iOS.

3.Happify (Free, with in-app purchases)

You’d be forgiven for thinking that graph-based data isn’t the best way to examine something as subjective as emotion. But with Happify, it works. Designed with quick use in mind, Happify is an app that fits easily into your routine. Combining activities and games designed by scientists and mental health experts, all you have to do is complete a few tasks a week to develop personal satisfaction and effective ways of tackling negativity. You can even track your progress over time and see how a few simple changes in the way you think can drastically improve your outlook!

Check out Happify on Android or iOS.

4.Headspace (Free, with in-app purchases)

Sometimes, an activity that would be effective in tackling stress at work wouldn’t be as useful late at night when you’re at home. Headspace is an all in one guided meditation, mindfulness and sleep app, that helps you deal with stress and anxiety whenever it occurs. Meditation is split into themes, so you can pick the most relevant topic and learn how to apply your newly learned stress-combatting technique to a real-life situation. You’ll find courses on everything from Dealing with Regret to Finding Focus.

And if stressful thoughts cause you to have sleepless nights, the ‘In the Sleep’ by Headspace experience may give you the peace and quiet you need. There are guided meditations for sleep, relaxing music and ‘sleepcasts’ recorded to relax your mind.

Download Headspace on Android or iOS.

Those are just four apps that we’ve found to be a great help when dealing with stress and its symptoms. Why not download and try them out?

And of course, we haven’t forgotten the competition - we’re giving you the chance to win a Fitbit Versa 2 Special Edition fitness watch with Amazon Alexa! All you have to do is tell us below how your phone helps you combat stress. It could be that one friend in your contact list that makes everything better, a distracting game or a great app we’ve never heard of.

Let us know by Wednesday 13th November, and you could win a brand new smartwatch to help keep tabs on your wellbeing!

T&C’s apply

This topic has been closed for comments

18 replies

Userlevel 3

I like to use the colouring in app Happy Colour to relax. I also like Headspace too, it's very calming!

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

When I am stressed I tend to overthink things and escalate small issues into big deals in my head. Sometimes that's makes harder to fall asleep when my brain doesn't rest. When I am in a state like this I use game called Prize Fiesta which is match 3 kind of game like Candy Crash, just gives another challenge to it. I usually play until I feel like I can finally lay my head on the pillow and have a little rest. 

Userlevel 2

I can plug in my headphones and listen to music when my colleagues get annoying!

Userlevel 1

Mine is Pinterest - I can spend hours looking at arts, crafts, fashons, creating mood boards, fantasty gardens - it’s a fabulous escape and v inspiring…. like daydreaming with pictures :) 

Userlevel 1

I have a WhatsApp group of friends who are my lifeline when it comes to stressful situations, they are always on hand with advice and support.

I use my phone to record my running via the Strava app, I find this a great way to de-stress and clear my head and then I can look at my stats afterwards.

Userlevel 1

I use the Strava app for measuring my runs. My friends give me kudos on there, and it’s a really positive feeling. Plus the running is the greatest stress reliever ever. I would love a snazzy new watch though, I’m always worried I’ll drop my phone when I’m running! 

Userlevel 1

I love all the apps on my phone i have one to help me see if food is gluten free without having to try to read tiny labels, count my calories, but also give me peace of mind that our son can get hold of me at any time for a lift home from the middle of nowhere in the middle of the night!

Userlevel 3

Personally my de-stress on my phone is a simple one, just Instagram. You get to look at pictures that are scenic, pets, beautiful buildings etc plus there's always a friend online that shares the same real life hobbies to have a nice distracting chat or video call with. 

I use the Headspace app on my phone and I can’t recommend it enough. It only takes ten minutes a day and it really helps me to quiet my mind a little. Also, as it’s on the phone, you can use it anywhere you like.

Userlevel 1

I look at the pics of my newborn baby boy and my t year old son and it instantly dep- stresses me

Userlevel 3

When I'm stressed I either go on Spotify and listen to my playlist or I go on YouTube and look at my recommended videos. Most of the time I don't feel stressed after that but if I still feel stressed I play COD Mobile.

Userlevel 2

The best thing on my phone is my list of friends.
I find talking things out with a friend really helps me put stuff into perspective and get a grip.

I can choose to text or call depending on the time of day or how urgent it is.

It works both ways and all my friends know they can always count on me if they need to talk things through.

Userlevel 3

Truecaller on my phone automatically blocks spam callers, so I have far fewer unnecessary disruptions 🙂.

Userlevel 8
Badge

Congrats @Sam1904 :tada:   

You’ve been selected as the winner of our Stress Awareness Day Competition. You’ve won Fitbit Versa 2 Special Edition fitness watch with Amazon Alexa!

You’ll receive an email shortly with all the relevant details. 

A huge thank you to everyone who entered. :grin:

Userlevel 1

Congrats @Sam1904 :tada:   

You’ve been selected as the winner of our Stress Awareness Day Competition. You’ve won Fitbit Versa 2 Special Edition fitness watch with Amazon Alexa!

You’ll receive an email shortly with all the relevant details. 

A huge thank you to everyone who entered. :grin:

Wow thank you so very much. You have made my week!! I feel like Christmas has come early!!😊

Userlevel 1

6 weeks on and prize still not received. Very disappointed!!

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @Sam1904,

We have been assured that this is being dealt with urgently and the prize will be delivered very soon! We’re sorry for the inconvenience caused regarding the delay of this prize.

Ryan

Why iD Mobile?