Where to get help and support from iD Mobile

Where to get help and support from iD Mobile
Userlevel 8
Badge

Want to manage your account, have a general question or need an answer urgently? We offer different types of support depending on what you’d like help with. Take a look below to find out more.

I want to check my allowances, manage my iD account or make a change to my plan.

You can view your bills, buy an add-on, set or change your Bill Cap, make a manual payment or amend your Direct Debit details, change or upgrade your plan and lots more.

Here’s an article on ‘What you can do in the iD Mobile app and My Account online

Having trouble registering or forgotten your login details? Check out this troubleshooting article.

I need some information on how to do something or want to know how something works.

• Go to the iD Community

If you’re viewing this article, you’re already on the Community – welcome!

The community is jam-packed with information about how your iD Mobile plan works. You can find out when you get billed and how bills are calculated, find out if you’re eligible to upgrade, how to cancel your contract or process a return, how to enable WiFi Calling and much more.

If you’ve got a question, pop it in the search bar above. If you don’t find your answer, simply register and ask the Community. You’ll usually get an answer within a few of hours. Remember the Community is a public forum, so don’t share any of your personal or account information.

Don’t forget to check out our blog articles and competitions while you’re here.

Find out more about ‘How to use the iD Community

I have a specific question about something to do with my account, such as a query about something on my bill, getting a PUK code or a technical issue.

• Live Chat

Our Live Chat agents are on hand for assistance between 9am – 8pm Monday to Friday and 9am – 6pm Saturday and Sunday.

Please note: If the Live Chat button appears as unavailable during open our hours (between 9am – 8pm Monday to Friday and 9am – 6pm Saturday and Sunday) it means all our agents are currently busy assisting other customers and there may be a short wait. You don’t need to refresh your screen. The Live Chat button will automatically appear available when an agent is free, so please bear with us.

You can contact our Live Chat team here

Check out some of our common questions and answers:

I want to make a payment 

You can make a manual payment or set up or amend your Direct Debit details in the iD Mobile app or My Account online. You can also make a payment using our automated service by calling 7777 from your iD phone, or 0333 003 7777 from a landline or other mobile (charges may vary). Simply enter your payment amount and card details when requested. 

I need to report my SIM/phone as lost or stolen

You can report your SIM/phone as lost or stolen using the iD Mobile app or My Account online. Or you can do this through our automated service by calling 7777 or by calling 0333 003 7777 from a landline or other mobile (charges may vary). Select option 5 to report your phone lost or stolen.

I need a replacement SIM

You can get a replacement SIM by talking to one of our Live Chat agents.

There’s a delay in transferring my number over to iD

It should take no longer than one working day (Monday – Friday) for your number to transfer to iD. If it’s taken longer than that, contact us via Live Chat and we’ll look into it for you. 

I need help with my phone settings

No need to contact us, all the information you need can be found here on the Community. If you’re unable to find your answer, some of our members are tech experts (and sometimes know more than we do), who’ll help.

My phone is asking for a PUK code

If your SIM card’s blocked and you’re being asked for a PUK Code, then you’ll need to speak to one of our Live Chat agents.

Why have I been charged more than usual this month?

There can be a number of reasons why your bill may be higher than expected. The first thing to do is check your bill, if you’ve not done so already. You can download a PDF bill using the iD Mobile app or My Account online. You’ll find a complete breakdown of charges on the ‘Your bill breakdown’ page. If you’re still unsure, checkout our ‘Charges’ page, it’s got a clear explanation of what charges you may incur when using your phone. Finally, if you’re still unsure, contact the Live Chat team.

30 replies

Can IHave a tell of customer services not77777

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

Hi @JALAL 

You can call our automated line on 0333 003 7777 from a landline or other mobile (charges may vary).

Is there anything we could help you with from here?

Michelle 

Hi @JALAL 

You can call our automated line on 0333 003 7777 from a landline or other mobile (charges may vary).

Michelle 

Hi I am having trouble sending messages I can call and use my data but am unable to send text messages I thought my bill had been paid and have had to change my bank card and account number so have had to cancel my direct debit and will pay my remaining allowences on Tuesday but I need my text messages up and running 

Hi @JALAL 

Michelle 

Hi I am having trouble sending messages I can call and use my data but am unable to send text messages I thought my bill had been paid and have had to change my bank card and account number so have had to cancel my direct debit and will pay my remaining allowences on Tuesday but I need my text messages up and running 

It won’t allow me to call the number I need to speak to someone directly 

Userlevel 1

why doesn’t anyone answer me?I keep asking for help, but noone answers! Someone has sent messages from my mobile, does that mean it has been hacked? I don’t know what to do in case they are adding to the phones charges. Please will someone answer me.

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @harleyjoker2020,

What happens when you try to call that number? You can also dial 7777 from your iD Mobile phone to access the automated services. You can also speak to our Live Chat Team here.

@Audrey Truman we can’t see any other messages that you have sent here so we apologise if you feel we are ignoring you. What does your bill show for each message and are you sure they are not charging you for incoming messages as this is what some subscription services do and you can often identify this by checking if there is a short 5 digit number mentioned. This will be on your bill. Let us know what you see.

Ryan

Userlevel 1

I just upgraded my phone and I want to unlock my old iPhone, but I can’t find a way to it. Can anyone help?

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @Jorge,

Have you tried contacting our Live Chat for help with this? They can be found here.

Ryan

Userlevel 1

I’ve received a text saying I’m leaving my pay monthly plan and moving to pays you go but I’ve not personally done this I only got my new contract on Thursday 

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @James95,

I’ve sent you a PM via a different topic you posted on.

Please check your messages so we can look into this.

Mohammed

This network is ABSOLUTELY useless, I’m leaving. I can’t get any info without jumping through hoops. VERY DISAPPOINTED WITH ID.

NO HELP, NO SUPPORT.

I’LL MAKE IT EASIER FOR OTHERS. . ..  LEAVE ID, THEY ARE A BUNCH OF OFFICIOUS, IRRESPONSIBLE, GREEDY, UNCARING JOBSWORTHS.

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

HI @APurpleG 

We are sorry to hear this. It seems like you have had a poor experience here. We will send you a Private Message now so we can look into your issue and help with resolving this. 

-Mohsin

Hi Mohsin, I have had a very poor experience with ID mobile, I had to cycle to a carphone warehouse to get the problem sorted, (I’m nearly 60 and I really seriously don’t appreciate having to cycle so far just because of the uninformative, inept jobsworth from ID that I spoke to and his bad attitude and massive lack of help on the phone.) The customer service there was great, they had a live chat with someone from ID, and clarified the problem, which turned out to be your sim card, not my phone, not me and not anything else the jobsworth insisted on.

I was assured a new sim card would be sent to me within 2 to 3 working days. Its been 5 working days. No sim card.

My phone hasn’t functioned properly for around 3 weeks now, I shouldn’t have to pay for this months service as I haven’t had it, If the sim doesn’t arrive on Monday I should cancel my payments and take this matter up with Offcom.

yours most sincerely

A.P.Grindley

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Hi @APurpleG 

We understand how frustrating this must be on your end and thank you for your continued patience. We have sent you a Private message to check if your sim card has been processed, To view the message sent, simply click on your profile icon on the top right and select Private Messages.

-Mohsin

Hi Mohsin, Thank you for your reply - I’m sure you are obliged to write it but tell your company; I don’t appreciate being thanked for something I have absolutely no choice about, ie my patience.

I clicked on my profile, but there was NO indication of a message anywhere on the page it took me to! As I’m not great at tech I asked a friend to do it and make sure I was ‘Doing it right’. I am doing it right, yet again ID fails. 

My replacement SIM card arrived on the 25th April, exactly 1 month since the original stopped working, I couldn’t cope with the stress, hassle and utter ineffectiveness of using ID online to activate the SIM, I went to the Carphone warehouse, where I could be sure of great service.

ID have offered me Ten pounds for having NO service for a month and all the other inconveniences, hassle, time, energy, risks and costs. I think that is insulting, (as are the environmentally damaging, useless and unwanted vouchers that came with the replacement SIM!)

I expect a FULL refund of my monthly payment, I have been in touch with OFFCOM, if I’m not happy with your resolution I will contact them again and put my formal complaint through.

YOURS

Alison Purple Grindley.

By all means contact me on 07401244410 or alisonpurplegrindley@gmail.com

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

HI @APurpleG 

I can see the Private Message has been sent and we have not heard anything back from you. Please click your Community icon profile on the top right of the page and then select Private Messages to view this. Once done we can look into the time you have been without service.

-Mohsin

Hi I need help with my order I ordered a iPhone 11 64gb in white on the 15/11/2022. I called yesterday to be told white is on back order so I agreed to have in black instead. I’ve paid the upfront fee on the 15th. I was supposed to get the phone today. I called and they said it wasn’t sent as needed to pay upfront cost. This has already been paid order number 123963896

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Hi I need help with my order I ordered a iPhone 11 64gb in white on the 15/11/2022. I called yesterday to be told white is on back order so I agreed to have in black instead. I’ve paid the upfront fee on the 15th. I was supposed to get the phone today. I called and they said it wasn’t sent as needed to pay upfront cost. This has already been paid order number 123963896

Okay @Smithy86, sounds like iD Mobile have goofed with your order.

Maybe call the iD sales team on 020 7139 1397 (during normal office hours), or get in-touch with the iD social media customer support team on facebook (using Messenger), or Twitter (by Direct Message) for assistance.

Good luck @Smithy86

Tried that. Told me they will call bk 

So just got off the phone to them. The chap said credit check failed. As I have to many lines with them. I have one line only. I reckon the lady has put the change of colour through as a new order. Surley if I failed back on the 15th it wouldn’t have went through and no funds would have been taken from my account. I’ve been with them 2 years never missed a payment. I also have confirmation of the order and contract 

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

So just got off the phone to them. The chap said credit check failed. As I have to many lines with them. I have one line only. I reckon the lady has put the change of colour through as a new order. Surley if I failed back on the 15th it wouldn’t have went through and no funds would have been taken from my account. I’ve been with them 2 years never missed a payment. I also have confirmation of the order and contract 

Indeed @Smithy86, sounds like iD goofed and created a new order instead of amending your original order.

Have you tried getting assistance from the iD social media customer service team?

They’re available through facebook (by Messenger), or Twitter (by Direct Message). 

Good luck @Smithy86

Yea just wait for a call they been saying for 3 days 

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Yea just wait for a call they been saying for 3 days 

So the social media team have told you wait for a call? 
Call from who exactly?

All seems very odd @Smithy86, and yet another example of the awful customer service iD Mobile provide.

Why iD Mobile?