Question

Can't send anymore text shortcodes

• 9 August 2022
  • 9 replies

It was working well 2 months back maybe.

Nothing has changed on cap limit and for an unknown reason it doesn't work. 

This topic has been closed for comments

9 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

Hi @crazy-matt, it sounds like we may no longer support the shortcode 

Scroll down to “Shrotcode Number lookup” on this page, enter the number and see what it says.

Thank you,

Rory

Hi Rory, 

Thanks for assisting on this one. 

It says Retail Price per message: 0.15

It's presented in the table named SMS Shortcode

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Hi Rory, 

In your My services. section of your iD My Account, if your bill cap was £0, or the Premium. setting was OFF, that might explain why the shortcode doesn’t work.

Another possibly is the shortcode has been categorised as adult content, meaning your Adult Content Filtering. setting would need to be ON.

Anyway, good luck.

Hi Rory, 

In your My services. section of your iD My Account, if your bill cap was £0, or the Premium. setting was OFF, that might explain why the shortcode doesn’t work.

Another possibly is the shortcode has been categorised as adult content, meaning your Adult Content Filtering. setting would need to be ON.

Anyway, good luck.

None of this is the case. I checked all this before contacting. Even disable and re-enable back the premium setting. But still no luck. 

Hi Rory, 

Anyway, good luck.

Can't ID Mobile sort out this shortcode issue once and for all? Googling it, I see that I'm far from being an isolated case. 

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Can't ID Mobile sort out this shortcode issue once and for all? Googling it, I see that I'm far from being an isolated case. 

You would hope iD Mobile could do that, but I believe shortcodes are managed and operated by their network partner Three.

Apparently this complicates things.

You would hope iD Mobile could do that, but I believe shortcodes are managed and operated by their network partner Three.

Apparently this complicates things.

Fait enough. I'll find another way. Thanks for the answers. 

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

It was working well 2 months back maybe.

Nothing has changed on cap limit and for an unknown reason it doesn't work. 

What’s the error message you’re getting when sending to the shortcode in question?

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

Hey @crazy-matt, speak to one of FacebookTwitter or Live Chat agents and they’ll be able to raise a ticket for you. The end result may just be that Three don’t support the shortcode, but it’s worth a try.

What is the shortcode for? For example, if it’s for a competition or radio show, there are almost always alternative routes of entry/contact.

Thank you,

Rory

Why iD Mobile?