Question

Text received saying "You've now used 100% of minutes" but the plan is unlimited?

• 3 August 2022
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 1

I upgraded on 18th July - sim only - DATA 2GB / Minutes UNLIMITED / Texts UNLIMITED.

Existing customer just upgraded as the data and call allowances were much better.

The APP shows the new allowances correctly. It now looks like I cannot make calls due to the text messages warning about the allowance?

When will the new allowances start?

The account shows the billing period 12 July to 11 Aug.

It may be some sort of pro-rata calulcation but the new sim was active on 18th July?

Can anyone help?

This topic has been closed for comments

6 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

That sounds frustrating @sysip10.

For immediate assistance with billing and allowance issues for your iD account, it’s best to contact iD using the online chat service at https://idmobile.co.uk/live-chat.

Only problem, the customer service team work until 8pm on weekdays - out-of-hours support is by a chat-bot.

You can also leave them a private message on social media on facebook or Twitter

Any out-of-hours private messages left on social media are picked-up when the team next start work - anyway, good luck.

Userlevel 1

Thanks for the reply - I’ve sent a message via Facebook Messenger.

Looking back received a text on 21st July from ID Mobile which stated “Great news! Your new SIM card is now active. You can now start to use your minutes, text and data, Enjoy! The iD Mobile Team”.

So the new SIM allowances should be active now.

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Thanks for the reply - I’ve sent a message via Facebook Messenger.

Looking back received a text on 21st July from ID Mobile which stated “Great news! Your new SIM card is now active. You can now start to use your minutes, text and data, Enjoy! The iD Mobile Team”.

So the new SIM allowances should be active now.

Okay @sysip10, did you change or upgrade to a different SIM only plan?

When you changed/upgraded, did you do it online using the iD app or your iD My Account, while you were signed-in?

The only time iD Mobile send out an active SIM is when you order a new plan from iD Mobile - for anything else, the iD SIM card you receive will be inactive.

Anyway, good luck.

Userlevel 1

I did it via the online account as an upgrade. I received instructions to install the new sim when it arrived which I did. The old one had stop working anyway so I had no choice.

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Ah, okay @sysip10.

I think you need someone at iD to look at your account to get this sorted.

The social media team should deal with your enquiry tomorrow, when they start work. 

Userlevel 1

Thanks for your help. I’ve had a few messages from ID via Facebook Messenger. I was told to ignore the text messages which were telling me the call limit had been reached as they were sent it error. The account was checked and they confirmed calls are unlimited since the sim upgrade. Quick reponse and their answer was helpful and reassuring. 👍 They were raising a ticket for the tech guys to top these incorrect texts.

Why iD Mobile?